Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Titanium Exhaust Studs

poppopbangbang

Nurburgring
I had some made for my car and did a bar stocks worth because I had to buy it anyway. So I have 18 of these left (1.5 car sets).

They are standard thread M8 X 1.25 and designed to be a direct replacement for the Porsche exhaust bolts. They are Ti6Al4V so will outlast the car and never corrode. Designed for use with either K-Nuts or deep nuts.

They have a 15mm thread on the cylinder head end, a 10mm shank and 20mm thread on the manifold side.

£7.50 a stud or £80 a car set (12 studs) and I'll throw in 12 K-Nuts if you have a car set.

To fit 997 ?

Stuart said:
How much for all 18 and nuts?

Someone already has dibs on them I'm afraid Stuart.

Quite a few people seem interested in these. I can make some more if needs be?

poppopbangbang said:
Stuart said:

Can you sort some 996 ones, M8 x 30 with 10mm thread, 5mm plain and 15mm thread? What sort of price and what material for the nut would you recommend?

Leigh Baker said:
poppopbangbang said:
Stuart said:

Can you sort some 996 ones, M8 x 30 with 10mm thread, 5mm plain and 15mm thread? What sort of price and what material for the nut would you recommend?

I made these for my 996. What is it you want them for as 30mm won't be enough for manifolds. I'm going to pop another post up as quite a few people have contacted me wanting them and as I'm in a position to make some more next week it seems rude not to.

poppopbangbang said:
I made these for my 996. What is it you want them for as 30mm won't be enough for manifolds. I'm going to pop another post up as quite a few people have contacted me wanting them and as I'm in a position to make some more next week it seems rude not to.

Turbo to cat and turbo to manifold 😃

Leigh Baker said:
poppopbangbang said:

Turbo to cat and turbo to manifold 😃

I've just looked in the big book of F1 fasteners and you can buy 33mm with a 5mm shank off the shelf but they are 14mm each end. They're also a slightly different grade of Ti but not enough to make any difference in your application as it will still be just as corrosion resistant. If that is any good I can order you some but they are £8.70 each + VAT.... alternatively if a few people want this size I can draw it up and machine from bar stock which would be about half the off the shelf price and I bet the threads on ours would be nicer!

Very kind of you to offer to order some, however the 14mm may be too long to fully go into the turbo housing.

So maybe if a few others are interested to make it a worthwhile effort to make some....

Leigh Baker said:
Very kind of you to offer to order some, however the 14mm may be too long to fully go into the turbo housing.

So maybe if a few others are interested to make it a worthwhile effort to make some....

Is the housing a blind hole?

If it is, as long as the plain shank does not protrude it should not be an issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back