Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2 years with my 997 - in pictures

akesanto

Hi all,

I've had my 997 for 2 years now, so I decided to share with you some pictures of our adventures together.

As you can see, we've shared some wonderful moments together :)

Attachments

• 997_clouds_189.jpg
    997_clouds_189.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 4,845
  • 997_track_189.jpg
    997_track_189.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 4,845
  • 997_forest_128.jpg
    997_forest_128.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 4,845
  • 997_winter_829.jpg
    997_winter_829.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 4,845
  • 997_lapland_213.jpg
    997_lapland_213.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 4,845
  • 997_coffee_111.jpg
    997_coffee_111.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 4,845
  • 997_city_166.jpg
    997_city_166.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 4,845
  • 997_home_186.jpg
    997_home_186.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 4,845
  • 997_pose_112.jpg
    997_pose_112.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 4,844
Lovely. :thumb:

Looks like you have had some good times with that girl...

akesanto, Lovely photos and someone who actually uses the cup holder :grin: My only concern is that some one has moved your steering wheel to the wrong side :floor: :floor: I hope they moved the pedals as well :grin: :thumb:

Those are fantastic pictures :mrgreen:

You've certainly made good use of the light - what camera?

Visual proof that, just like the 996 and 991 Carrera, the 997 Carrera looks best in dark grey. :worship:

Phil 997 said:
akesanto, Lovely photos and someone who actually uses the cup holder :grin: My only concern is that some one has moved your steering wheel to the wrong side :floor: :floor: I hope they moved the pedals as well :grin: :thumb:

Thanks! I actually do use the cup holder a lot, couldn't live without it ;)

I still remember how my brain hurt when I had to drive a RHD car in London for 2 weeks a few years back. And just when I got used to it, I came back home and my left hand was searching for the gear lever on the door panel... :) Good training for the brain circuits though!

T8 said:
Visual proof that, just like the 996 and 991 Carrera, the 997 Carrera looks best in dark grey. :worship:

Thanks! Seal Grey is actually a really nice color. I never really liked grey on any car before this, but I've really grown fond of how this paint reflects light and color of the sky depending on the weather.

Same thing with the Cocoa leather interior. It changes from brown to purple depending on the light and reveals some really nice patterns when the light hits it at the correct angle.

Clearly great effort has been put into the design of these colors. When you live a while with the car and notice how these materials and surfaces change and almost feel "alive", you can't help but appreciate the amount of thought that has been put into the details.

GP41 said:
Those are fantastic pictures :mrgreen:

You've certainly made good use of the light - what camera?

Thank you! Some were taken with an old Galaxy S2 (the phone camera that's always available) and others with my Canon 5D mk2.

Very impressive driving 4 up through the valley of trees on sheet ice glistening in front of your vehicle and snow.

I attempted it once when I was caught out by a delightful snow deluge some years ago in the 986 & had 'disco leg' thinking how on earth am i going to get home. The second worst time to be in a RWT. Wouldn't even enter my thoughts in the 2011 911 even with spikes. Mind you at the ski resorts they fly round like it's a summers day on tarmac.

What a road trip.
It'd be fantastic to read more about the journey through Lapland in that environment & the way the 997 handled & some of your memories of the journey (good or bad).

MNC911 said:
Very impressive driving 4 up through the valley of trees on sheet ice glistening in front of your vehicle and snow.

I attempted it once when I was caught out by a delightful snow deluge some years ago in the 986 & had 'disco leg' thinking how on earth am i going to get home. The second worst time to be in a RWT. Wouldn't even enter my thoughts in the 2011 911 even with spikes. Mind you at the ski resorts they fly round like it's a summers day on tarmac.

What a road trip.
It'd be fantastic to read more about the journey through Lapland in that environment & the way the 997 handled & some of your memories of the journey (good or bad).

The Lapland trip really convinced me of the build quality and versatility of the car. The trip was a little over 2000 km in total and in very different conditions. I had Pirelli Winter Sottozero tires and they actually worked pretty well on snow and wet surfaces. On the few bits where the road was icy, you really had to be careful, calm and concentrated and not to make any sudden moves. The only test the tires didn't pass was when I tried to climb up to a restaurant which was half way though a skiing hill. Quickly discovered that was a bit too much for non-spike tires ;)

Otherwise the car was perfect. The temperature fluctuated so that one day it was -27 C and the next +2, so it was freezing, then wet, then freezing again. The car started every time on the first try without any hiccups and felt solid as a rock. When the roads were a bit bumpy at some points, the ride in the base 997 (no PASM) can get a bit rough, but that is understandable.

Also, it's really amazing how much stuff you can pack inside a 911. We folded the back seats and when you also use the passenger leg room and the shelf in the back, it almost feels like a minivan :)

I had high expectation of the car when I bought it, but when I think of that Lapland trip and the fact how much fun I had with the same car on the racetrack the following summer, it really blows my mind. There really is no substitute ;)

Akesanto,

SNAP ! It's like looking in the mirror.....mine's a right hand drive and I've also had it (almost) two years and loving every minute.
Although mine is classed a Meteor Grey (metalic) and shines in the sun.

I don't have as many exotic pictures showing the adventures I've had but I'm pretty sure we both had the same amount of enjoyment.

John

Attachments

• img_1709_156.jpg
    img_1709_156.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 4,430

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back