Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 GT3RS on Top Gear American ep

FZP

Hi All
Whilst I wad watching the above episode, they were running a Dark Grey RS with red decals. When they did the studio bit they had the same coloured RS with the reg something along the lines of RO10...
Is that someone's on here? Bloody nice car.

I am pretty sure RO10 was one of the press cars. Its the one Plato raggs around Dunsfold for fith gear "proper peice of kit"

:D

yes that's the one.....just watched the guys throw it around. They have skills

The RO prefix is the default for anything that comes out of Porsche Reading (i.e. everything bought from that dealership unless the buyer provides a private plate). That also means that all Porsche GB press cars should be on RO plates unless they put one of their special ones on it (the press car for the top Turbo of the day has worn 911 HUL for a lot of years and they also have 911 GB {which sent a lot of time on the 997.2 Clubsport press car then went on to the 991 GT3}).

Well that raises and interesting question. What are people's thoughts on buying Porsche press car?
My thoughts are that if it had 2 year Porsche warranty then not a problem? In saying that,
my brother had a Alfa 147GTA that unbeknown to him was a former press car....not good.

I bought my 08 997.1 GT3 Clubsport as a press car, no problems and utterly brilliant, I only sold to get a 430 Scuderia, I wish I'd had the funds to keep both

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back