Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

my new car, possibly, views appreciated

markfrench

Hello
new to the forum
would appreciate thoughts on this 991
at the moment in a 997.1 3.6 car, manual which has been a daily driver for 8 months
it is a good car but living with the speed bumps and snail like traffic is a it of a chore
this does not have sports chrono which I can would never be used and nor launch but I would have liked the sports exhaust but aside this I am drawn to the guards red

many thanks

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...1-carrera-991/porsche-911-carrera-pdk/5247032

Welcome to the forum.

I don't really know about the 991 but that seems a reasonable price from a very well respected OPC. I'd get along and have a look at it.

I think Sports Chrono Plus is a 'must have' with PDK personally. But otherwise a nice 991.

infrasilver said:
Looks a decent spec for that price.

It looks nice in red, I'm not a fan of black wheels personally.

+1

Good Luck with your viewing. :thumb:

If ur just desperate to get into a 991 and that's your budget then go for it , it's looks great :) ,, but for me it's an absolute must to have pse , so you may want to cost this in to have it fitted ??

If there's any way you could find a bit more cash and your into the performance and thrill then you should go for a S ,
I watched a million you tube reviews of 991s before a bought mine and apparently the 3.4 and 3.8 are worlds apart , so think about that and what your wanting form your car , 55k is a lot of money to spend if your not going to be completely happy. ,
:thumb:

Hello, nice car but missing Sports Chrono, (makes a big difference if you like spirited driving), and PSE.

The best thing about Sports Chrono are the dynamic engine mounts, which I think adds about more feel to what the chassis is doing. Only you can decided if you feel that matters to you.

Having had two 991 3.4s and one 991 3.8, personally, I'm convinced there is NOT a great deal of difference between them at all (in everyday ownership). Yes the 3.8 is Nth degree faster after 60, (and there is more punch from 80 onwards), but honestly for the money the 3.4 is unbeatable. Both engines rev high and free and make the right amount of noise and feel.

There are lots of these around now, take your time and find one that is as close to what you want as possible. Trust me, you will find the right one...

Tom

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back