Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OZ Alleggerita 18s

NLW73

Albert Park
Thinking of getting some of these and putting the OEM originals in storage.

Anyone run them on their 996 gt3?

Supposed to be a good wheel and lighter than the oem wheels.

Thanks

I drive them on a 996 gt3 (1999).
There 14 kilo's lighter, the feeling is superb.

I had a set when I had a 996 GT3. Right price, very light, factory widths and offsets... They are the go-to wheels for the car for a reason. A set of those and swapping the brake disks for floating rotors on alloy bells actually has more benefit on gyroscopic mass than ceramics (which you will be able to feel in the steering). You are unlikely to dislike.

Just be aware that there is a thread on rennlist about OZ stating these are not designed for racing...

OZ Racing not designed for racing...

:dont know:

I've got a set that are 5 years old & for the last two years they've had slicks on. No issues at all. I have another set with race wets and they haven't fallen apart either.

Sounds like the usual "covering your ass so you don't get sued" BS to me.

NXI20 said:
I've got a set that are 5 years old & for the last two years they've had slicks on. No issues at all. I have another set with race wets and they haven't fallen apart either.

This ^
The wheels are probably just as good as their Race approved wheels, just they have simply not had them tested to meet the requirements as they only intended to sell to mass-market for road use.

NXI20 said:

Sounds more like "You are racing ... no, you need to give us a lot more money for your wheels if you are doing that" to me.... :thumb:

Disco said:
NXI20 said:

Sounds more like "You are racing ... no, you need to give us a lot more money for your wheels if you are doing that" to me.... :thumb:

Bear in mind that this is being quoted on an American forum though..

Also, you're the only person I know who's managed to break all 10 spokes in a single accident. I doubt that even racing OZs would have withstood the forces required to break all 10 spokes though...

Thanks all

Agree with you nick that an accident of that size is going to break most things!!

14kg saving is quite substantial.

Also get to keep the oem alloys in good condition.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back