Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New owner saying hello

Alfie68s

Hi all, just posting as I have recently bought a 1990 C4 and thought I should sign up and hopefully make use of this great forum.
I bought the car just south of Bari in Southern Italy and drove it back to sunny Cheshire, 2600km isn't bad for a test drive!
Car is pretty good but with a few battle scars although it presents well.
It's allegedly done 70k km but with no history to back it up, the interior seems low km but these Porsches can wear it well. It was bought from a carabinieri who helped with previous owner info etc so you never know I may be able to track the history. It has a few small oil leaks but hopefully nothing too serious.
I can't believe how tight it feels! Only one scary moment on the trip back, the wheel on the fan belt sensor broke. Fortunately not the fan belt!
Looking forward to the ownership experience.
Alfie

Welcome, congrats on the car and we'll done on the drive. It's a lovely part of Italy that you've sourced the car from. But you're going to need to post pics up before you have a riot kick off.
Hopefully as the longer days kick in we can try and organise a get together for the Cheshire/ GM area.

I've tried to post pics but it seems to lock up. I'm correct in choosing a photo from my iPad library by pressing the choose file icon?
Alfie

Belissimo. Congrats

Hi buddy, nice car! How you managing changing gear with the other hand?
Don't worry about oil leaks, totally normal :thumb:

Ian

What a brilliant first drive!! She looks great, Silver is not a common colour for the 964. I would suggest you get her down to the boys at Unit 11 in Warrington for a once over, they will tell you if there are any gremlins that need attending to .... then look forward to some spring mileage:)

Cheers, just waiting for the car to be registered then I can get it checked out.
Alfie

Nice one chum :thumb:

How did you get it back from Italy on the Italian plate? I was going to buy a Fiat 500 for an 'adventure' and drive it back to the UK until the owner told me the number plate belongs to the individual not the car so I couldn't drive it as a new owner in Italy :dont know: Personally I'd have chanced it :grin:

Congrats and welcome Alfie , lovely car , great experience to drive her back that way , enjoy :thumb:

Lovely looking example. Welcome and enjoy.

Regarding the number plates, I bought a car from Sardinia about 12 years ago and had a similar issue. I agreed with the seller to keep the plates on until I had registered the car back in the UK. I then sent the plates and registration document back to the seller after the car had been registered.
When I bought this car I made the same agreement with the seller. He looked at other options but agreed that this was simplest solution. With the seller being military police I decided that he must know his legal stuff!
I've not handed in the reg document to the DVLA as it has to be sent back to the owner to declare the car sold. He did provide a official export document and that is what I have given to the DVLA. Fingers crossed it all gets registered ok.
Alfie

Alfie,
What kinds of fees are you expecting to have to pay to get the car registered in the UK? Are you able to bulletpoint what it entails?

Thanks
FZP

Hi FZP,

You need a V55/5 form and a V355/5 form from the DVLA. if you go online you can get an import pack sent out to you - this contains these forms.

To register a car from within EU you will need:
*Valid Insurance Certificate - can be insured on VIN number if needs be.
*MOT - again can be done using the vin number
*Original Registration Document from seller
*2 forms of ID
*£55 Cheque to register car
*£xxx Cheque for year or six month road tax - or nothing if tax exempt.
*Completed V55/5 - type "completed V55/5 in google images to see an example)
I also add a copy of the bill of sale ( receipt from owner )

Its pretty easy really - takes about a week once you have everything sent away - fingers crossed.....
Kind Regards

Alfie

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back