Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thermostat to oil filter pipe line

deutschland-dobson

Indianapolis
Gents,

I'm renewing a couple of oil lines (as you do) :roll:

Has anyone had experience of buying the thermostat to oil filter pipe line from Design 911?

Code: 96420725408

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod2...-Oil-Filter-Porsche-964-1989-94--96420725408/

I have a choice between OE Porsche and OEM Brand. I know the lads in the States have had problems with the quality of the OEM one in the past from other suppliers. The pipe kinks on fitting and restricts oil flow :eek:

The OEM is a fair saving over the Porsche one, but don't want to make a mistake!

Thanks
Chris

Be careful, the thread can be removed from the thermostat when you undo the pipes. As I found out myself, not cheap either.

Thanks for the tip :thumbs:

Pipe has been off twice before, recently, so should be ok. Pirtec made a replacement, just I'm not happy with the fit.

Thanks
Chris

I replaced all of mine with genuine parts from my local OPC. Not the cheapest route, but I figured that the originals had lasted 25 years, and the replacements will fit as intended, it was the way to go. Only item not OPC is the oil cooler, which was a remanufactured item from Germany.

Thanks bud :)

I bought two OPC pipes and quality is perfect.

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back