Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Seat Options and multi function steering wheel

Vortex

I'm looking at ordering a new 991.2 S Manual and have got a pretty good idea on what spec I want except the seat options and whether to go for the multifunction controls on the steering wheel which I can't seem to make my mind up on.

The current seat ideas are:

Option 1 - Standard seats (Porsche confusingly call these Sports seats) with the 4 way electric for backrest and height but manual for and aft.

Option 2 - Standard seats as above but with 14 way electric adjustment (similar to what I currently have in my 997.2).

Option 3 - Sports seats plus with the standard 4 way electric adjustment (one negative is I'm not keen on the silver hard backs so may have to consider the back parts being covered in leather at an extra £1088 ish)

Option 4 - Sports seats plus in 18 way electric (at circa £2200 and if I go with the leather covering on the backs an additional £1088 making £3300 on seats which seems excessive).

Currently favouring Option 2 at the moment as quite like the traditional 911 look of the standard seats and the £1500 ish extra seems about right but open to suggestions.

Much appreciated!

My 2p worth.

First buy a GTS4 but if you really want the new one

The 18 way seats are amazing and wroth every penny but if you don't go for them then the 14 way are not bad at all.

Standard seats are really not that comfortable due to the lack of lumbar support and adjustments.

Targa4Driver said:
The 18 way seats are amazing and worth every penny but if you don't go for them then the 14 way are not bad at all.

Standard seats are really not that comfortable due to the lack of lumbar support and adjustments.

+1

Either option 3 or 4 if your style of driving is to explore the performance envelope of the car on a regular basis. :lol:
Driven a number of 991s and have never been that impressed by the so-called sports (standard) seat. :nooo:

Targa4Driver said:
My 2p worth.

First buy a GTS4 but if you really want the new one

The 18 way seats are amazing and wroth every penny but if you don't go for them then the 14 way are not bad at all.

Am I being too fussy worrrying about the look of the silver hard backs on the Sports Plus 18 way seats? I seem to see quite a lot of them around as it doesn't seem like many people go with the option of covering them in leather at another £1088.

Sorry, but "yes" you are being fussy on the silver seat backs. In my opinion, they add positively to the overall ambience of the interior of the car. Go option 3 or 4 as previously suggested.

In terms of the steering wheel, drove a 991.2 for 200 miles at the weekend with the multi-function steering wheel (MFSW). Absolutely loved the action of the new paddles and also the ability to scroll through the various menus in the info pod of the instrument pack. Previously, the flappy paddles were available on the 991.1 as an option and so was the MFSW, but not together. The 991.2 now combines the two features, so definitely worth having.

I was in your position Vortex, exactly the same. I knew what I wanted in specification body type etc etc. I wanted the MFSW I thought it would make my life a lot easier (more of a driver aid). After having it for a while I never use it now (apart from answering and closing telephone calls). I'll tell you for why, you'll spend more time looking at the damn PCM screen and looking at different screens for different information whilst driving. You'll be busy thinking and looking what button to press on the wheel, looking at the screen to see if it what you want and watching the road. I just turn the thing off now and listen to music.
As for the seats I picked the 14 way memory without the hardbacks. An old Boxster had hard backs. Don't bother with the hardbacks unless someone might sit in the back and scratching leather with careless foot ware. I haven't noticed the difference. What I can tell you is the lumbar supports are worth gold on long journeys. But aesthetically yes the hardbacks look better with the top down, more finished, oh and little pouches to pop cds or maps etc in.
I do miss the Boxster sometimes I think it is a better car than the 911, in fact a lot of the time.

Hey Vortex. So I have had quite a few Porsches and had the 991 with 2 sets of 14 ways and now a GTS with 18 ways.

Looks wise I think the 18 ways look fantastic, but.... I think that the sit a tiny bit higher then the 14 ways and it does drive me a bit nuts.

The best bit about getting 14 or 18 ways is that the steering wheel and seat move out of the way when you get in and out of the car, I'm not sure the other seats do that?

So for me, looks wise the 18 ways but in terms of comfort and position, I think the 14 ways (or the Sports + 4ways) are the best option. And I would leave the back river, it really adds (for me) something to the car.

Then again, if you really wanted the best (lowest) seat, I think the racing seats are quite good.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back