Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally got my 991

bg259

Trainee
So after a 3 year hiatus, marriage and fatherhood I finally have got another 991. This time I went for convertible having had the 991 coupe last. I have to say if anyone is trying to decide between a 3.4 or 3.8, go for the S. Picked up the car this afternoon and the three hour journey back was full of rain and wind! Will hopefully get to have a little play tomorrow and see what she can really do. :)

Specs of the new car.

991. Carerra S Convertible.

PDK
20" TechnoSport Diamond cut wheel (305 rears)
Coloured wheel centres
Triple black
Electric folding mirrors
Heated seats
Park assist front and rear
Porsche vehicle tracking system
Sport Seats plus
Sports Chrono
Sports Exhaust
PASM
Power steering plus
Guards red seat belts
Satellite Navigation
Phone prep
PDLS
Carbon fibre pack
Porsche created head rests
Porsvhe created centre console lid
Carbon fibre PDK knob
Carbon fibre steering wheel
Heated steering wheel
Multi function steering wheel
PTV plus
Model designation delete
Bose sound
Auto dimming mirrors
Rain sensor
Electric folding mirrors
Cruise control

I really like the Carbon fibre. It changes the interior and is much more pleasing to the eye than the brushed aluminium. Any tips on and upgrades I should do.

Thinking of

PASM -20mm front lip spoiler
Side skirts like the C4 models. But for a C2
Fit Carerra Classic alloys
Rear view camera

Sounds a great spec!

What colour is the actual car?

Pics?

Do you find you need a rear camera? Never had any problems, in any of my cars to be honest but certainly not the Porsche.

How'd you find the drive compared to your previous one? Summer will be awesome in the cab, especially the sports exhaust believe me! :grin:

Congratulations :useless:
:mrgreen:

Interesting you say side skirts !! I wasn't awear of them but I'm on it now , side skirts for me hr we come :thumb:

Sounds fab.....need pics for confirmation :D

Where you get it from?

Congratulations to you bg :thumb:
I sold my C2 997 last year and will be looking for a 991 when funds permit.
Must admit I will be looking for an 'S' variant too given I had a C2 last time.
Pictures would be nice! :thumb:

The car is black hood. Black leather. Black roof. Best combo IMHO

Re the reverse camera I don't actually need one, it's just a nice toy to have and adds to the extras list.

In reference to the power difference between 3.4 and 3.8. As an owner of both I can now fully explain my thoughts. Both cars have a lack of initial urgency in the initial getaway or when pootling along. In comparison the 997 PDK was like a go kart waiting to go. I think the 991.2 addresses this issue with the max torque available from 1700rpm. I am testing one next Saturday so will let you know how it fairs. The power in 991s is all in the upper rev range. That means you have to give it some if you want to feel the power. Great fir noise and great for feel. Not great for ones driving licence! It's a gripe I have with the 991. We are everyday users not track users. The power band should start earlier. The flip side is when you put your foot down, it's a pretty good feeling. Especially when you do it at 80mph. And this is where the 50hp comes into play for me compared to the 3.4. The urgency of the 3.8 and its level of torque at that speed when you ask for full power is pretty amazing. Not 991 turbo amazing but very very good for a naturally aspirated car. Can only imagine what a GT3 feels like. So if anyone is considering the 3.4. Don't ! Hold out and get the red calipers and a whole lot more fun! It's worth the extra few thousand pounds. I nearly bought a 2 year newer 3.4 for the same money. Glad I didn't now. Don't get me wrong the 3.4 is a very good machine. The 3.8 is just much better. Would like to know if you guys feel the same way? I think I will go for a 991 Targa GTS in carmine red next. I hope the 30hp will make up for the extra weight!

Will post some pics up later when I go to play with my new toy. Will post a teaser for now.

Has anyone fitted the PASM lip spoiler or the c4s style side skirts?

Attachments

• image_575.jpeg
    image_575.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 4,977
  • image_119.jpeg
    image_119.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 4,977
Superb. Love that steering wheel!
Let me know when you're selling ;-)
:thumb:

Car sounds fantastic mate, I have come from two C2's to a GTS and I dont share your opinion on the C2. Yes there is more torque in the 3.8 compared to the 3.4 but it's still awesome. The 3.4 needs more revs to get the power and mated to a PDK box it's amazing.

If your budget allows go for an S but if not you won't be disappointed with a non S.

My only caution about a C2 is find one with SPASM and not with PSP (although it can be removed by the dealer).

I fitted a chin spoiler to my first C2, it's easy and costs about £100.

Tom

Love that wheel! 👍

Looks like a great spec, but sorry, don't like the wheel. Well, the "PDK" writing specifically - looks like a gaming wheel (Logitech/madcatz, anybody? )

Any pics of the car?

DAn :thumbs:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back