Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A short film on my 993 GT2 rep

NXI20

Filmed in atrocious weather (November in the Lake District, what did they expect!), not my choice of GT2 roads either but apparently the budget wouldn't stretch to going to Spa or the 'ring :floor:

I hope your YouTube channel isn't monetised, people get upset if you are making money out of it on here! :D

isysman said:
I hope your YouTube channel isn't monetised, people get upset if you are making money out of it on here! :D

Classic :thumb:

Beautiful car and a wonderful setting for the video. Many thanks for sharing Nick ;)

isysman said:

Not sure if serious :?:

Either way, it's not my channel; it's owned by Fox Interactive & I'm not privy to how they fund it.

NXI20 said:
isysman said:

Not sure if serious :?:

Either way, it's not my channel; it's owned by Fox Interactive & I'm not privy to how they fund it.

Tongue in cheek following another thread recently. A guy posted his video and was greeted with quite a bit of abuse because he dared to post a video that was on a monitored channel.

Great looking car by the way. Looking forward to my own car being completed.

That came across really well in my view. Beautiful car Nick but I bet your front spoiler was crying after those roads :eek:

Charles Morgan? I enjoyed his contribution too, a nicely made video. So it's :thumb: from me!

Great video - but it was even nicer to see her in her real home environment last year. :worship:

DynoMike said:
That came across really well in my view. Beautiful car Nick but I bet your front spoiler was crying after those roads :eek:

Charles Morgan? I enjoyed his contribution too, a nicely made video. So it's :thumb: from me!

That was a day & a half (call it 14 hours) filming plus a half day to scout locations to produce an 8 minute film!

The spoiler survived surprisingly well. It didn't look that groundscrapingly low when we were filming & I didn't hear too many graunches.

I've had a text from Charles this evening asking if they can film it on a track this year so watch this space...

nIce video, nice setting, not ideal GT2 roads..

Its already been filmed on track... :floor:

Car looked great Nick, nice to have a film like that about your car for years to come :thumb:
Do you think he would like to do one on a battered 997 :D

Great bit of video, and the back drops are pretty spectacular too. Here's a bit
of footage of DN12 from last July....and nice to see the car driven as intended.
The mid range torque of Nick's car is evident on all the uphill sections...so for
the uninitiated that's...the section from Ex-Muhle to Bergwerk, then Bergwerk
right up to Steilstrecke....then the Karussell to Hohe Acht...

Some of it is seriously uphill....and boy, that car really can fly !!!

:grin:

I remember that car when it originally came up for sale and thought it would make an ideal base for a GT2 rep. You've done a fantastic job with it :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back