Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine top cover removal

Rockunrolla

Albert Park
Hi chaps , does anyone know how to remove the engine cover ? Do you just pull ?

I take it you mean the cover with the 2 fans in it ?
If so at the rear of the car end you lift up , at the front of the car end you pull out , it has 2 plastic lugs that go into the bulkhead.

The fans often detach as you pull it so try to keep your hands under to hold them in place.

You also have to disconect both fan wireing harness.

Not much under there though unless your doing an oil and filter , most access is gained by removeing the spoiler.

Great , cheers :thumb:

Just want to have a noisy

Not much to see im afraid , the air vent is a little tricky on the cover when reinstalling it but not too bad.

Tin box on right side is your dme , oil filter is tucked down on right side , and the vacum pipes that have caused a few problems are mainly in front and right side.

Do I need to remove the air vent or anything first

It sits under the cover and through it , you remove the cover whilst the vent goes through it , youll see what i mean when you remove it , its not hard to do just hard to explain lol.

If you look at the sides of the cover and just underneath with a torch you can actually see the fixings that hold the cover in place.

Btw i found this link if it helps ..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Porsche/comments/24236x/991_oil_change_diy/

Ok , cheers pal

Brilliant cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back