Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cleaning water marks off windscreen help needed

FZP

Hi all,
Advice needed. As both cars currently live outside, they've got water marks on the windscreen which I can't manage to remove. I've tried white vinegar and white spirits but to no avail.
Can anyone recommend any other techniques that will help break the bond as so that I can return to pristine glass?

Regards
FZP

I'm not sure what you mean by water marks??

But.........I regularly T-cut my windows to get all the grime off and leave a super smooth finish.

On the subject of windscreens what's the best technique to clean the inside as I've yet to perfect a streak free finish which you annoyingly see in direct sunlight :pc:

I use IPA.......no, not the beer :lol:

SERVISOL_IPA_170_4de636040ed6c.jpg

alex yates said:
I'm not sure what you mean by water marks??

But.........I regularly T-cut my windows to get all the grime off and leave a super smooth finish.

When the wiper passes, there is a water mark shaped hologram left, most prevalent in light rain.

Zingari said:
On the subject of windscreens what's the best technique to clean the inside as I've yet to perfect a streak free finish which you annoyingly see in direct sunlight :pc:
I use a leather chamois and wiped down with a paper towel. How my OCD compares to your OCD.....that's another question

I use meths on windscreen which works well and is cheap.

I always use Autoglym glass polish ( not fast glass cleaner ) on the outside of the windscreen, a bit like Alex and his Tcut, only a little bit less agressive :D
I clean the inside with Autoglym Fast Glass and a paper towel, then wipe down with IPA and a microfibre towel.

:hand: I've tried meths, chamois, microfibre, paper towel techniques, bob a job, you name it and I can still not get a completely clear screen on the inside :what:

Zingari said:
:hand: I've tried meths, chamois, microfibre, paper towel techniques, bob a job, you name it and I can still not get a completely clear screen on the inside :what:

Steam cleaner then Zingers :?:

Sounds just like road grime/grease, I recently did my windscreen, soapy wash and rinse, then thorough going over with a clay bar, superb results no more blade smears.

Diamaduk said:
Sounds just like road grime/grease, I recently did my windscreen, soapy wash and rinse, then thorough going over with a clay bar, superb results no more blade smears.
Clay bar......i like it. Shall report back on result

I use Bar Keepers Friend for this. Cheap as you like and brings your glass up like new

FZP said:
Diamaduk said:
Clay bar......i like it. Shall report back on result

Did the clay bar work?

Too cold to wash the car so I haven't tried yet....but it's looking likely this weekend

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back