Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991GT3RS-Bought-Stripped-Painted

Gazc2

Anyone been following this thread on Rennlist I admire his style for making a one off as you would expect a bit of a mixed reaction to the colour however I think it looks epic paint job looks top notch

pics here https://www.instagram.com/woppum/

and thread on rennlist with title as above

he also has a very nice collection other cars including a 918 lucky fella

Could he have not just ask Porsche to paint the car in that colour?

Been watching this on IG, admire his vision but not my choice of colour...

:thumb:

apollokre1d said:

Nope. Firstly because getting paint to sample means a trip to the back of the queue for delivery and secondly because Porsche "paint to sample" isn't any such thing - it is just a longer list of colours from which you can choose.

Disco said:
apollokre1d said:

Nope. Firstly because getting paint to sample means a trip to the back of the queue for delivery and secondly because Porsche "paint to sample" isn't any such thing - it is just a longer list of colours from which you can choose.

Cheers for that. Given the ghastly camouflage and purple coloured 997's I've seen in the past I would have thought for the right money Porsche did whatever you wanted. I guess that does not apply to limited production cars.

I've been following this on and off on Twitter. Nice colour, shame it's not Riviera (or Gulf), not sure I've seen any 991 RS in either of those so far

I really cannot understand why anyone would do this. Buy an extremely expensive, rare car that will - at least in the short term - only increase in value. Then strip it and respray it and in the process say goodbye to any chance that Porsche would ever support it under warranty.

Chris.

spyderman said:
I really cannot understand why anyone would do this. Buy an extremely expensive, rare car that will - at least in the short term - only increase in value. Then strip it and respray it and in the process say goodbye to any chance that Porsche would ever support it under warranty.

Chris.

I'm pretty sure it's being done by Porsche themselves, the Twitter account I've seen this on is Porsche Retail / Reading

Think it looks great -

As far as mods go, feel it adds rather than takes away.

My understanding is it's all done with the support of Porsche and therefore still under warranty.

All the work is being done by Porsche and is being warrantied by them. The black design work is going to be painted on aswell.

The owner is a top chap with a cracking spread of cars, 918, Speciale, Turbo S, 599 and I'm sure he's got something else! Best bit is that he actually uses them. Fair play to him :thumbs:

Disco said:
apollokre1d said:

Glad I'm not the only one who can see through Porsche's PTS subterfuge.
PTS used to mean you took a a pair of your other half's Victoria's Secret undercrackers to your local OPC salesman and asked your car to be painted in exactly the same hue, or failing that you decided that Lamborghini arancio borealis was the best colour for your 2.5 Boxster and requested they paint your new car in it.

Now, as you've said, they merely tell you what "other colours" they've decided will be available (at a premium) should sir not like the generally poor range of colours they initially foisted upon the poor unsuspecting buyer.

Roro said:
I've been following this on and off on Twitter. Nice colour, shame it's not Riviera (or Gulf), not sure I've seen any 991 RS in either of those so far

You hav'nt got long to wait mine is going to be in Riviera . I'll post some pics when it arrives !

Why can't someone just be happy with something special out of the box, its such a vulgar display of wealth.

If you are spending the wedge they ask for (example ) a 991gt3rs, maybe you expect a slightly wider range of colour options . . . . although, I really liked 2 of them at least (the "loud" ones :grin: )

I can well understand why someone shelling out 100K wouldn't mind spending another (relatively inconsequential ) sum to have a colour he wouldn't see again, and that he (or she ) prefers.

As said above, bit of a swizz nowadays, you should indeed have been able to arrive with a pair of (someones) skimpies & asked to have it in that shade (stripes & all LOL )

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back