Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 exhaust clamps - where and what to buy

adbett

Still have the original exhaust on my 996.2 GT3, however the rear silencers aren't doing as much silencing as they used to! Plus, I've been advised that one of the cat cores is starting to become loose.

My plan is to start by getting the cat pipes off the car and have a closer look which means attacking some very rusty bolts. I will definitely need to cut some off so I want to have a set of new clamps available to reassemble as u will probably be working on a friends driveway

Are OPC clamps / bolts worth getting? Or are they crazy overpriced and no different to aftermarket?

I got some non Porsche versions. First set off eBay were too small . Despite the description. I got half my money back after weeks of complaints tried another type that were cheap rubbish too and needed lots of sealant. Pd use a flexible gasket seal not exhaust paste as that cracks off.

So in the end not worth trying to save .

That's helpful to know, I'll probably need to use them straightaway so getting it first time right is important!

More established online suppliers should be better than eBay though i guess

I replaced my OEM exhaust over the summer with an aftermarket one (GMG and fabspeed headers) I used OEM clamps. I bought from Type 911 and did feel the parts were over priced. I have some photos of the install, if your interested PM me.

Thanks, photos are always good :) Although I think you also posted some on the fb group?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back