Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Child Seat Wanted

davidcc

Hi - I would like to get your advise and maybe more.
I have a 997 Cabrio and looking to get a baby/child seat that can go in the back in a way that my lady can still fit in the front (she is 5 feet 5').
I understand a seat on the back is only allowed after a certain weigh? 9kgs?
I am looking for a clear explanation of what is the regulation & safety issues around this. And of course, if you have a seat that fits my bill, what is your price? thank you

Britax evolva 321 from halfords will fit £80 new from halfords

If you are talking about a rear facing baby seat , then you need to do airbag disconnect and fit that in the front passengers seat.

What age/weight is the child as this will determine the correct seat...

I used britax duo plus for 12-48 months, which is basically the same as Porsche's own, then got the Porsche original seat for 4+ which comes with the high back and can be removed as they get older so it's just the booster seat...

Also remember the cab rear backrest are practically upright due to the space taken by the stored hood, so you have less space than the coupe...

thanks all! I guess I did not give enough info. My baby was born early Jan and is now 4kg big.

1 - Is there a child seat I can use as of now that can go on the back seat in a way that is does not push the front seat too forward?

I believe the answer is no because when the babies are so young they need to be in facing back and in the front seat but I would love to be wrong.

2 - If this is true, from what size / age can they go on the back seat facing front so that it does not push the front seat too forward?

3 - I understand on the 997 one needs to take the car to Porsche in order for them to disconnect the airbag. How much is this expected to cost in your opinion?

Many thanks again

I think this may be a bad idea.

The baby seat will have to go in the front passenger seat and have the airbag disconnected. Must be rear facing and go in on the seat belt.

To go forward facing the baby will need to be able to hold its head up and sit up, so forward facing 9 months onwards.

I just got a range rover for when my son was born. Just left the porsche in the garage. All the kiddie crap and buggies would not fit in the turbo anyway

Sorry cant be more helpful

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back