Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recaro seat part - What is it?

HSC911

Sebring
Hi all,

I have got some 997 GT3 Carbon recaro's. The rails/mounts were apart when I bought them.

They will function perfectly with the snapped 'bars' but I'd rather source some new ones.

Need help to source the torx bolts (last 2 pics) and these pesky little metal bar things! They are numbered, I thought a google search would bring them up but no. 294206 & 273206.

They are virtually identical to Recaro Pole Position Carbon seats as below:

http://www.b-trim.co.uk/recaro

I just wonder if an old recaro seat would have these on? Am awaiting info from a UK Recaro supplier.

Pics:

[/quote]

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Given they are out of sight, why not get them MIG welded?

True, but what if you wanted to put them in a 996/993/997 then you'd lose the ease of just unbolting them I guess.

As they bolt onto the seat mounts, all you'd need is the relevant mount to put into a different car.

Does that make sense :?

HSC911 said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:

True, but what if you wanted to put them in a 996/993/997 then you'd lose the ease of just unbolting them I guess.

As they bolt onto the seat mounts, all you'd need is the relevant mount to put into a different car.

Yes, I actually meant get the snapped bars welded back together rather than welded to the rails?

Chris_in_the_UK said:
HSC911 said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:

Yes, I actually meant get the snapped bars welded back together rather than welded to the rails?

:wack:

:pc:

:duh: :duh: :duh:

Good shout! :thumb:

Have you tried your local Porsche dealer parts department? Your seats and runners look standard GT3 so they should be able to source missing and broken parts.

Cunno said:
Have you tried your local Porsche dealer parts department? Your seats and runners look standard GT3 so they should be able to source missing and broken parts.

Done a bit of research today.

They are an OEM Porsche part.

Next point of call is Porsche BUT I am pretty sure that they will want to sell the whole seat rail rather than just the bracket that I want.

Recaro supplier also said that it doesn't make a difference if snapped, they are just there to hold the side brackets to the rails.

I will persevere in my search as it seems odd that you can't buy this part individually.

Thanks for the replies and advice :thumb:

The parts you are looking for are not specific to the GT3 seats , the actual subframe you have is the same one fitted to comfort seats . To be honest I would not be surprised if its the same part fitted to all 996's and boxsters that dont have electric subframes.
When i fitted my buckets i just removed the subframe from my standard seats 8 torque bolts then bolted the side mounts on using the original hardware.

ragpicker said:
Yeah, just get em welded.

Failing that just take one to a local engineering firm and they'd be able to knock an equivalent replacement up for a couple of purple bank notes...

I wouldn't be hassled with all this ringing around malarkey! :dont know:

This is my thinking too now. Spent so long looking on google etc and emailing pics to Recaro suppliers in the UK that I could have chiselled the part out of a piece of steel by now :frustrated:

neil allan said:
The parts you are looking for are not specific to the GT3 seats , the actual subframe you have is the same one fitted to comfort seats . To be honest I would not be surprised if its the same part fitted to all 996's and boxsters that dont have electric subframes.
When i fitted my buckets i just removed the subframe from my standard seats 8 torque bolts then bolted the side mounts on using the original hardware.

I was looking at various Recaro rails to see if it's the same. From pics, I saw some Cayenne ones but the 'bracket' is a different size.

I will look into 996/Boxster ones as it would be nice to know they are as they should be.

Failing that, I will get them welded... :thumb:

I may have to admit defeat on this one :roll:

This is a 996 subframe with side mounts fitted that will bolt to any GT3 fixed back seat.

1441963676.jpg

neil allan said:
This is a 996 subframe with side mounts fitted that will bolt to any GT3 fixed back seat.

Thanks Neil,

Some more pics to help, 2 attached to the side mount, and one of the side mount the same way up as yours (in your pic):

The other thing to determine is whether it comes with the seat rail OR bracket.

If you undo the Torx bolts, the metal piece falls out. So it could come with either the rail OR the side mount.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back