Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Scho's 996 C4S Basalt and Terracottta

Scho

New to the forum, 2nd slice of pork having had the pleasure of owning a lovely black 951 a few years ago.

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

It's been a good while since I've had something interesting! Mainy be spending all available funds on babies and kart racing. Both expensive hobbies. Ha.

Picked this up earlier this year, The new car is not perfect cosmetically, The body is rust free but the paint is pretty well swirled, Something I plan on sorting. More importantly mechanically it's absolutely spot on. The car has 80K on but feels really nice and tight to me having had a load of work done in previous ownership including a hartech full engine rebuild still under warranty.

I'm using it daily and loving it. I've even got a child seat in the back and a pram in the front so I can take the nipper out when mrs Scho is at work.

Happy days.

:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership.

Nice looking car ....... even if the interior is a tad OTT with red*. :D

I love the photo outside the red* brick building.

*Sorry, by 'red' I of course mean 'terracotta'.

T8 said:

Ha, I love it actually!

Hand on heart I wouldn't swap it for black.

Lovely looking car! I love the look of the 4S with the wider rear end. The red interior contrasts well and doesn't look as full on as you might expect.

Nice to have the security of a recent Hartech rebuild. I only hear good things about them, they're well respected!

I'm new to this myself and find it invaluable for advice and support as well as general gassing! :welcome:

Scho said:
T8 said:

Ha, I love it actually!

:thumb: That's the important thing.

ps. Sorry for my heavy handed post, I meant no offence. I've always thought that the red in black looks quite classy but I'd prefer a black steering wheel to break it up a bit.

T8 said:
Scho said:
T8 said:

Ha, I love it actually!

:thumb: That's the important thing.

ps. Sorry for my heavy handed post, I meant no offence. I've always thought that the red in black looks quite classy but I'd prefer a black steering wheel to break it up a bit.

Don't be daft, no offence taken!

I toyed with the idea of fitting a black wheel, black matts and black Inteiror plastics. I've since seen a pic of that exact spec and it didn't do much for me.

Attachments

• image_590.jpeg
    image_590.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 4,685
Yeesh that red interior with black steering wheel looks horrific, you better take that comment back T8!! (p.s. 8888 post count - nice)

My red interior has the rear bit of the centre console in exterior colour and handbrake in aluminium which does break up the red a bit but it's really not as overwhelming as at first glance in the pics!

Beautiful car, love the colour combo. A few years ago I missed out on a 4S in seal grey with terracotta, with engine power pack.

Great photos too, nice to see properly composed ones rather than my typical efforts with an iPhone in front of the office wheeliebins.

Edit to add- being picky, the exhaust tips are getting my OCD twitching... :eek:
Autosol and some elbow grease will bring them up a treat.

Shaoxter said:
Yeesh that red interior with black steering wheel looks horrific, you better take that comment back T8!! (p.s. 8888 post count - nice)

My red interior has the rear bit of the centre console in exterior colour and handbrake in aluminium which does break up the red a bit but it's really not as overwhelming as at first glance in the pics!

Do you have a pic of your console in silver? Sounds interesting!

Robertb said:
Beautiful car, love the colour combo. A few years ago I missed out on a 4S in seal grey with terracotta, with engine power pack.

Great photos too, nice to see properly composed ones rather than my typical efforts with an iPhone in front of the office wheeliebins.

Edit to add- being picky, the exhaust tips are getting my OCD twitching... :eek:
Autosol and some elbow grease will bring them up a treat.

Cheers! The one that got away sounds lovely.

I snap for a living (products) so don't feel too bad a it the bin's ;-)

I've had the exhausts nice and shiney a few times but they're a pain to keep on top of :-s

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back