Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 roll cage part number?

PhilMorrison

Hi all! Quick question:
If I was to buy a non Clubsport 991 GT3, is the rear cage purchasable in the UK? I've seen the aftermarket GMG one in the U.S, but getting one shipped would be a pain.

In theory it ought to be in the motorsports parts list but I couldn't say for sure. In practice you will need to weld the mounting points in (they are only there on original Clubsports) and assuming that you can get one it will be daftly expensive (for reference, the 997 one was about £3k the last time I looked). It is unlikely that OE will be viable for less than having something aftermarket shipped from the US.

Perhaps a more viable option would be to go for something local like the Wiechers one that is supposedly only €1500 and allegedly just bolts in? Anyone know anybody who has looked into that?

Personally I would say that if I were buying a 991 : a LHD Clubsport would be the one to get though.

Ahh I though all GT3's had the plates for the cage and the holes in the carpet / trim.
Wiechers: Good call! I'd forgotten about them. It says in their advert that no modification is required. I wonder if they just mount through the normal skin. I don't like the idea of a cage without reinforced plates.

It looks like I'm going ahead with this car 8) . It also has normal GT3 seats (for now), so the GMG cage is sounding more attractive, as it's positioned differently for extra clearance behind the seat.
The other alternative is to have a proper bolt in cage fabricated by the guy I use for my competition cars at Nickson Motorsport. It's just a bit of a pain to get the car there and back to be done.

If you buy from CMG make sure the cage isn't handed for a lhd car, i think 997 ones were.

Senoj said:
If you buy from CMG make sure the cage isn't handed for a lhd car, i think 997 ones were.

Oh yeah I forgot to say it's a LHD car. Thanks for the heads up though.

looking at the Cup car parts list it is different to the road CS.
it's a single part cage, including the front parts, whereas the road CS part is separate front & rear.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back