Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help DesignTek Valvetronic exhaust

panicos

Hi everyone,
I own a Cayman Gen 2, 987 2.9 Lt. Decided to change the exhaust with a more louder one.
Many different makes around but all very expensive.
The one which is priced reasonably is the DesignTek valvetronic.
Does anyone actually installed it? I'm very interested to know all about this exhaust.
My main concern is if there is a drone (resonance) at any certain rmp. Quality and sound are major points as well.
Need your feedback.....thanks for reading.

:thumbs:

panicos said:
Hi everyone,
I own a Cayman Gen 2, 987 2.9 Lt. Decided to change the exhaust with a more louder one.
Many different makes around but all very expensive.
The one which is priced reasonably is the DesignTek valvetronic.
Does anyone actually installed it? I'm very interested to know all about this exhaust.
My main concern is if there is a drone (resonance) at any certain rmp. Quality and sound are major points as well.
Need your feedback.....thanks for reading.

:thumbs:

Not fitted one to a Caymen but on the 996 they work really well, great value for money and fits well. No drone.

Ken

Many thanks Ken,
Gave a look on your website..... nice work, great piece that 964 !!!

More input and advise about Design Ten pls???

panicos said:
Many thanks Ken,
Gave a look on your website..... nice work, great piece that 964 !!!

More input and advise about Design Ten pls???

My 2p worth, I did the same with my 997.1 looked at options came away from the 2.5/3k units but I read some negative reports on the design tek exhausts. Lots of people saying the baffles in the back boxes broke up in a short period. based on that info I went down the path of a valvetronic unit from TOPGEAT exhausts in Bridport Dorset. after 18 months of daily use I am still very happy with it. they are similar money to design tek. I also went back to them and had 200cell sports cats fitted that made a huge difference to the sound (deeper) and BHP gain. Apparently the cats are more important to the sound and BHP than the back boxes. Have a look on ebay at top gear ones and also read some of the threads in the last few weeks on the 997 page as you will see soundbytes and more info on the topgear ones. hope that helps a bit. Phil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtfvUF_qed4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7O9_gf0O9c

https://www.youtube.com/user/topgearbridport

Many thanks Phil.
In fact the two makes look identical. Could they be the same exhaust but sold by different companies?

Hope I will get some more input for either the HighTek or the Topgear!

panicos said:
Many thanks Phil.
In fact the two makes look identical. Could they be the same exhaust but sold by different companies?

Hope I will get some more input for either the HighTek or the Topgear!

lol yes they do, but I guess a stainless steel vehicle specific exhaust is going to look pretty much the same from who ever they come from and the valvetronic bit may well all come from the same place in China :thumb:

Lol.... a box looks similar to other boxes !!!!

Thanks again :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back