Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Need help buying Cayenne GTS MY16 or Panamera GTS MY15

Cayenne GTS MY16 or Panamera GTS MY15?

• Cayenne GTS MY16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panamera GTS MY15

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WaqarSheikh

Hello everyone,

I have two options. One is brand new Cayenne GTS MY16 with the following options:

1. 21" sport design wheels (which I will get painted in black from the porsche center in my city)
2. Front LED Headlights
3. Interior in black alcantara with red stitching (which also includes red instrument dial and red seat belts)
4. Front Seat Heating

Note: No PCM hence no reversing camera and no sport chrono package. (reason is it will cost me $10K for pcm alone due to duty structure in my country)

The other option is Panamera GTS MY15 with the following options:

1. Colour Black Metallic
2. 19" Panamera Classic Wheels
3. PCM with Sport Chrono (dont know if this is standard or not but still mentioning because the cayenne gts has no pcm and no sport chrono)
4. Seat heating front
5. Reversing camera
6. Xenon Headlights (not LED)

It is pertinent to mention that the Cayenne GTS being brand new will cost me around $20,000 more than the Panamera GTS.

A few pros and cons I have are below:

1. The Cayenne is the newer model which will last at least 2 years whereas the panamera has a model change coming up in late 2016.

2. The Cayenne has the newer steering wheel which is simply a delight to use (i have driven the cayenne s e hybrid)

3. The Panamera has a 4.8 V8 engine which has amazing sound compared to V6 of Cayenne GTS. Also there's a very high chance that the new panamera gts comes with a V6 as well.

4. The Panamera GTS is way faster than the Cayenne GTS. Panamera 0-100 is 4.4s and Cayenne's is 5.1 if you have sport chrono otherwise it's 5.2s

Please help me decide guys.

Thanks

What do you want the car for as they are both very different :dont know:

In respect of the Cayenne in the UK one without heated seats, Sat Nav and bluetooth along with panoramic roof takes a hit come resale.

Lights above standard make little difference in oart-ex in my view unless a buyer wants it.

I think new Cayenne is destined for 2017 along with I'd expect Panamera to get some minor upgrade at that point as well.

First of all, im not from UK so these things hardly affect me. Panoramic roof is standard in Cayenne GTS in my country.

The biggest problem for me without pcm is the sport chrono package. No sport chrono means no sport+ mode.

No reversing camera either and in a car so expensive it feels weird not to have a reversing camera that is now so common. (Damn Porsche for not making such an option easily accessible)

I want a car that is fun to drive, sporty, handles well and is prestigious.

Panamera all the way for me! Just make sure you get some 20" Turbo II alloys to fill out those arches because the car looks a bit undertyred on 19". And yes, that V8 will sound phenomenally better than a V6 turbo.

~ Maxie

WaqarSheikh said:
First of all, im not from UK so these things hardly affect me. Panoramic roof is standard in Cayenne GTS in my country.

The biggest problem for me without pcm is the sport chrono package. No sport chrono means no sport+ mode.

No reversing camera either and in a car so expensive it feels weird not to have a reversing camera that is now so common. (Damn Porsche for not making such an option easily accessible)

Chum, This is a UK forum you're going to get a UK based response :wink:

But, I think you've answered your own question. You want Sport Chrono which comes with PCM and you want a reversing camera therefore you need PCM and a camera which comes in the Panamera :thumb:

If you go the other way you'll only wish you'd got those extras if they are a priority to you

Zingari said:
WaqarSheikh said:

Chum, This is a UK forum you're going to get a UK based response :wink:

But, I think you've answered your own question. You want Sport Chrono which comes with PCM and you want a reversing camera therefore you need PCM and a camera which comes in the Panamera :thumb:

If you go the other way you'll only wish you'd got those extras if they are a priority to you

But you see the Panamera is getting a model change. A MODEL CHANGE for God's sake.

I really like the looks of this one but what if the new one is outright incredible?
I dont want to regret buying a car that has a model change coming up SO soon.

If you were in my shoes, what would you pick?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back