Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP!! may have gone through clear coat!!

Hans Gruber

Spa-Francorchamps
I have been using a DA on my p+j with great results so far, until last night that is......on the rear arch of my 4s the paint went very dull after a quick pass with a medium compound despite the fact I did the rest of the car with the same for much longer.

I'm crapping myself now that for some reason the clear coat was much thinner on this wing and I have gone through - either that or it has been re-painted at some time but very thinly.

Does anyone have a paint thickness gauge I could borrow for a couple of hours so I can sleep at nights again???

I hate to scrounge but I don't know what else to do now.

I'm in the Huddersfield area but will happily travel to collect and leave my 4 year old son as collateral!

Pete

You could nip it round to Performance-Porsche in Brighouse as they're not far from you and as they've got onsite paint facilities will give you an assessment and I'm sure they'll have a gauge you can borrow if needed.

Mention me and you'll get a warm welcome :thumb:

Give the area a light rub with a white cloth and rubbing compound, if the colour of your car is on the cloth you've gone through the clear.

Not difficult to repair just a pain....

Darren.

Thanks Zingari I was going to go to see them tomorrow anyway as I need to book a service. If I mention your name will I come away with a black eye or a discount!!

Ta D.Jones - I did think of that but at the time was far too shocked and crest fallen to attempt it but now I've had time to reflect if I have gone through then I have nothing to lose as I'm looking at a re-spray anyhow.

You might get a cup of tea and a curly-worly off Richard or Andy :thumb:

Jeeez!.gone through with a dual action!.was that high speed and a bottle of jif

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back