Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hood protectors

Geebee

HNY all,

I'm new here and I do have a first question. Couldn't find reference to a thread on hood protectors (or didn't really search well...) but I was wondering if someone here has a reference to an online shop that provides good 991 hood protectors (Suncoast or similar). Also, would you recommend to buy one?

Geebee said:
HNY all,

I'm new here and I do have a first question. Couldn't find reference to a thread on hood protectors (or didn't really search well...) but I was wondering if someone here has a reference to an online shop that provides good 991 hood protectors (Suncoast or similar). Also, would you recommend to buy one?

Witaj, Geebee,
Do you mean protectors to prevent damage from inside or to stop stone chips etc. if you mean to stop internal damage the only company that I have found and used are Daschild lid liners

http://lidliner.myshopify.com/

if it's to stop stone chips have a look at this thread for ideas

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=108693

hope that helps .Phil

:)
Indeed the former, damage from the inside. I'll take a look and thanks for the information.

Geebee said:
:)
Indeed the former, damage from the inside. I'll take a look and thanks for the information.

Geebee, Re the lid liners they do two one standard and a carbon one. I had the standard and had it carbon dipped locally. they are a good company and shipped to me very quickly with reasonable international shipping charges.
Strangely they seem to be the only people making them not even Porsche make one. I have added a pic of mine dipped. hope that helps, Phil

Attachments

• 12car_109.jpg
    12car_109.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 3,494
  • car22_211.jpg
    car22_211.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 3,493
That looks very well done indeed, Phil. Appreciated you shared this :thumbs:

Geebee, Your welcome, and let me know what you decide to do. Send an email to Jim at Lidliners He's a very helpful guy, shipping to UK was $54 and took 11 days ,so I would think similar to Warsaw.
Phil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back