Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What Current Child / Baby Seats Fit?

dubfordstyling

Trainee
I know there are loads of threads regarding which seats fit in the back of the 964's but they're all a few years old with many of the seats recommended discontinued. So I would like to if anyone has fitted one recently and if so which make / model for?

Thanks!

I'm still trying to find one too! These days they all appear to be too big and won't fit in the back seats, I managed to get one to fit the front but with a 7 month year old as well it won't be too long until he wants to come out too :sad:

As far as I know none of the new seats fit the 964 gents. You'll have to look for a good condition older model and trust the seller :(

Chris

If it fits the 993 then im fairly sure it wil fit a 964.

I can measure it if it helps?

I understand why people get nervous about using old tech safety child seats, but then again even if you buy a new tech safety child seat you are still putting it into an old tech safety car.......

:?:

I mangaged to find a Concorde Ultimax brand new old stock which does fit the back of the 964 perfectly until your little grows longer legs and you find they'll be resting their feet on your tombstones!

I looked and tried loads and unfortunately no new seats fitted in the rear.

My son is 5 and weighs about 20 KG so I'm guessing is older than your little one. However, I just got him the "Bubble Bum" booster seat.

He loves it and I'm sure it will fit in the back of your 964.

http://www.halfords.com/kids-zone/car-seats/child-car-seats/bubblebum-inflatable-booster-seat-black

It may not be to your liking now (no side protection) but it does a similar job to the standard booster type seats for older children and given the lack of hard parts on the underside, no need for a towel or other covering to protect the car seats.

there is a guide for what fits the 911 published in the total 911 magazine.
Had all the ins and outs of all 3 stages of child growth.

Basically for our 964 air cooled cars for REAR seats :

Stage 1. (younger than 9 mths) = Hauck Zero PLus - needs modded rear seat belts and shorter buckle stop fitted by Quickfit SBS

Stage 2. lighter than 18kg = Mamas and papas ProTec, Recaro Young Sport, Maxi Cosi Priory SPS (all 5 point harness seats)

Stage 3 lighter than 36kg - Porsche Junior Plus, Maxi Cosi Rodi SPS (must be sps as its the narrower seat base model to fit the rear of 964)

If stage 3 and over 135cm, then can use either the detacheable base unit of the maxicosi rodi SPS or buy a halfords booster seat.

I am on stage 3 and use the maxi cosi rodi sps and used this from suggestions before reading this guide so was glad to see my seat there. works okay for the cramped space and good brand name but does not beat modern car and isofix for sturdiness of fit.

hope this helps folks

Jlee

NB

I used also a travel safety seat by eddie bauer when i was travelling with my little one (less than 18kg) that folded down into a suitcase for use in taxis and stuff abroad. bit fiddly to use but fitted in rear of 964 but no side protection so i never used it in my 964 as had the maxi cosi rodi SPS. I dont have a picture to upload so i googled the seat to give you an idea of how it folds down into suitcase size. link below -

http://littlelucykay.blogspot.hk/2008/11/portable-car-seat.html

Thanks for posting the guide from total 911. Will definitely help me when I move into stage 3.

Here's a pic of the Concorde Ultimax in the back of my 964. It fits well but not a massive amount of leg room for the little'un so I'll be moving it over to the passenger side so she can kick my wife rather than me. After all, she had 9 months of being kicked so it shouldn't be a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back