Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First UK registrations?

markg59

Silverstone
This from wozy got me thinking (too much time on my hands between Christmas & New Year):

Porsche Cars of Great Britain launched the 993 in the UK in early December 1993 registering 12 x UK cars on the 6th & 7th of that month; mine is one of them.

Is there a way to determine when C2 964's were first registered in the UK? The web/books say model year 1990, but what does that mean? Oct 89? Dec 89?

According to my V5 it was registered January 5th 1990 and the service book says delivered on January 2nd. Does Porsche GB keep records?

Cheers,

Mark

Historically Porsche switched their production to New Years model after their summer holidays ie August. On that basis deliveries would have started early Autumn, I am sure I have seen a few 89 C2 in ads too so doubt your January one would be an early delivery.

OK so Porsche MY followed the UK car registration year - August-ish.

Found some conflicting quotes in the Randy Leffingwell book. At one point it says "The rear-drive version, Carrera 2 or C2, followed in early 1990", but it later says "In September 1989, as Porsche introduced the rear-drive C2 models, Ferry Porsche turned 80.".

Confused...

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back