Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

findtom

So it's about that time of year for me and having thought about GTS v 991.2, I have decided on a new 991.2.

What do others think? Have/are you thinking/thought the same thing (GTS or 991.2), have you driven the new car, what did you think? There is a very negative debate on Rennlist, but I'm not sure they are right.

I enjoyed my drive and moving from a 991 C2 PDK the extra "thrust" is most welcome. The only real negative, (and admittedly it's a big one) is the noise. There isn't much on the inside of the car, (I drove an S with Sports Exhaust), outside sounds amazing btw.

Tom

my 2p, the GTS has a proven engine, the interior is a little bit more special and its a amazing car to drive which fits nicely between a S and a GT3. They have not sold that many of them so if you pick up a nice one around £85k it should hold value very well over the next 3 to 5 years.

The 991.2 is a new engine thats going to have bugs, probably lost a lot of the sprit that the 911 once had and will probably sell by the bucket load so if you spend £100k plus its probably going to be worth £65k in 2 to 3 year.

I followed a similar thought process but after driving the .2 I liked it. Plus its updated, I like the looks more than the GTS, love the new PCM and a few other things that are bigger than the sum of their parts. Don't get me wrong I love the GTS too but there are not many around at £85k, (more like £90k or £95k with any nice bits on).

So at £95k the 991.2 seems a better deal (to me, it's all relative). But if I could find a GTS around £85k with the right bits I want? That might make a difference...

You do see the odd Private sale come up at the 90ish k but it may take some time to find one at £85k.

Its really upto you but I should take a weekend test drive of a GTS before pulling the trigger. From the sounds of it you are going to enjoy the 991.2 more so as long as you don't mind taking a 30k hit over a few years go for it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back