Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Adding Photos

zippy10

Im very sorry to ask but I can't add a photo . I use a Macbook Pro and have tried to add from my own photos and I have also tried Photobucket . Can some please explain how I add a picture please . Many Thanks and Merry Christmas to all .

Hi Zippy,

Open an account at www.imgageshack.com its free and light years better than Photobucket and no adverts to slow you down.

Open up your iPhoto and drag the photos you want to upload onto your Mac/Macbook desktop.

When you have an open account on Imageshack (or similar) click upload o you new account and then drag your chosen photos into the Upload box.

When have have finished uploading you can choose the size, if you have a 24 mega-pixel camera for instance, you might need to reduce the sizes. Also chose Forum in type of picture and Imageshack will set the correct data for copying to your forum post.

To copy to your forum post: highlight the picture in All Images and then Get Links/Image Sizes then copy and paste the entire URL into your new forum post.

Cheers,
Paul

I'll give it a go.....

There are two options:

1. Using Photobucket (or similar) and the 'Img' button.....or

2. Adding the photo as an attachment using the 'Choose File' option

Photobucket

To add a photo when drafting a message/reply do the following:

- click the 'Img' box (top right beside the 'URL' box) you should see this: [/b] in your draft message

- next go to Photobucket and click on the 'Direct' box containing the http link to the photo (it should show 'copied' once you click on the link)

- copy the link to your message after [img] so you have this: [b][img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p136/El_Loco_2007/2015-08-31%2016.56.48_zpsne8h1wvf.jpg[/b]

- then click the 'Img*' box and you should have this:

[b][img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p136/El_Loco_2007/2015-08-31%2016.56.48_zpsne8h1wvf.jpg

Click the 'Preview' box at the bottom of the message and you should see the photo appear like this:

2015-08-31%2016.56.48_zpsne8h1wvf.jpg

Attaching a Photo

Images cannot be any larger than 499 KB.

Make sure you resize the image below 499 KB, save it into your pictures (on your computer) then upload it by clicking on the 'Choose File' bottom of the message. You can add a description of the photo in 'File Comment' box if you wish.

Hopefully one of the two will work for you. :thumb:

Attachments

• 2015_08_31_165648_zpsne8h1wvf_129.jpg
    2015_08_31_165648_zpsne8h1wvf_129.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 10,211
........or wot Paul says. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut