Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP on authenticity of 1981 911SC Slant nose

gpp

Hi! I found an 1981 911SC slant nose but don't know how to understand if it is an original "special wishes" slant nose or not. I read that they first appeared in 1981, so if this is an original, it is quite special! Any ideas of how to find information on authenticity???

I checked the vin# and the year and model are ok. The slant nose is the issue.

Of course I have already checked that it all steel, there is a single motor for the lights, etc.

One thought is that the special ext. color and interior kind of prove that it went through the "special wishes"

Are the wings steel? judging by the gaps round the headlights and the filler cap they look like fibre glass and so not original.Ive never seen a slant nose at that age,I think the first ones appeared around 1985 and were built by people like bb(buchman and buchman) and stroesek.

No fiberglass. The car is full steel.

Here is another photo.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back