Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Homelink & Hormann Garage Door Opener

Jcx

After 10 mins fiddling with home link I got no joy. If anyone has homelink and a Hormann Garage Door opener pls advise on process as i can only get so far (lights flashing three times) but no joy thereafter for opening and closing the door using homelink.

I followed the instructions and got the DRLs to flash three times but my Homelink button still doesn't do the business thereafter.

TIA

Same here, not sure what system I have but never been able to program it in.

I think the Hormann has rolling codes and is not easy to use other opening types. I have tried and failed.

However if you find a fix, let me know!

PeterS said:
I think the Hormann has rolling codes and is not easy to use other opening types. I have tried and failed.

However if you find a fix, let me know!

OK will do thx Peter. Fingers crossed eh?!

Rolling codes...

Attachments

• rolling_codes_746.png
    rolling_codes_746.png
    410.7 KB · Views: 16,675
I followed those steps for rolling codes and still no cigar.

This is also on my list to do despite the fact the Cayenne wont be going in the garage.....................but since I have the buttons :grin:

Mines a rolling code so will give it a go in the next few days as my chum is travelling up from London so I'll be too pissed tomorrow.

Chum calls me whilst he's on the M1 in his new Overfinch RR that is his 'reserve' car as the Bentley is in Jack Barclay as the clock doesn't work :roll:

Anyway he asks me directions from M1 so I tell him to turn the sat nav on when he tells me he never drives the thing as he's usually in the back and its taken him over an hour to get the radio on.

Mayfair to Manchester 6hrs after which he tells me he'll be flying back and his driver will have to come and collect the RR from the airport as he's not enduring that drive again :floor:

OK Big Joe I've sorted this for you :thumb:

1) Best to de-authorise any previous/factory settings by holding in buttons l and lll together for 20s to clear the memory - Red light will flash quickly.

2) Turn off power to your garage door motor. Now with the igniiton on (not engine running) press the button you want to allocate (I chose 'l' as I might want my illuminations on ll and lll :roll: ) the red light (in button ll) will flash slowly.

3) Go to front of car with garage remote and press the open/close (I'm presuming you have just one) button continuously for up to a minute. You need to be ~12" away from the grille. When it is paired to the car the indicators will flash 3 times. Took mine about 30s to pair.

4) Now go back to your garage and turn on power to the motor. Try the button. Chances are it wont work and red light will flash quickly for a few seconds and then a solid red light for a second when you press and hold. You have now identified you have a rolling code garage door.

5) At this point treat your car and that button as a new remote garage door fob that needs to be paired to the motor. Follow the steps you would do to pair a new remote. In my case I had to press a button in the garage motor to get it to receive a new device. I then went to the car and pressed button l (with ignition on and no engine remember :hand: ) after a few seconds the garage door started to close. Pressed it again and garage opened etc

6) Job jobbed :thumb:

Note: You dont need to be close to the garage door motor to pair the car just in range of your normal transmitter fob. For example my car was 15m away and facing in the wrong direction but I still managed it :eek:

If it all goes Pete Tong clear the memory first before trying again.

Good luck :bye:

PeterS said:
You got yourself a Cayenne, Zingers?

Yes Pete but I had to get the diesel for the business miles. But given it's just returned 47mpg from a 220 mile run up/down the M6 I now wish I'd bought the V8 derv rocketship :floor:

You superstar! Rockstar! I will try this process and see if it does it for me. :)

Tried everything including this process many many times and no cigar, phoned the nice lady at Homelink and the answer was 'not compatible with Homelink' so using the key fob!

I did the mod wiring th r mote to the homelink buttons, it's worked for 4 years and you would never know it's not homelink, best cheap mod I've ever done!

silvermilnec said:
I did the mod wiring th r mote to the homelink buttons, it's worked for 4 years and you would never know it's not homelink, best cheap mod I've ever done!

Me Too :D

Yes!!!
After half a dozen attempts I've managed to program my Homelink to my Hormann doors!
For the final successful attempt I switched the power off to the door whilst I programmed the Homelink buttons and used a different transmitter to that which I'd previously tried.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back