Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 Boxster Spyder - Deposit Down

Andrew911

Spa-Francorchamps
:) Hi Folks,

Wasn't really looking to sell my 997 Gen 2 C2S after only ten months of ownership. Really enjoying the 997. But was thinking "what next" and also thinking of taking early retirement in 2-3 years. I really wanted my next Porsche to be more driver focused (buckets, manual, sports exhaust, sports suspension etc - everything the 997 isn't) but not crazy GT3 prices. So, bored at work last week I decided to email a few OPC's knowing all allocation for these have been sold & not expecting anything I got an unexpected email. One of the OPC's had a wobbly customer who just happened to cancel. That was last friday, placed deposit down Saturday, spec chosen & emailed to OPC this morning, April build.

Hope I've done the right thing. never bought a car I have not driven or even seen in the flesh!

Congrats! Looks a fantastic car from the images and will certainly get a lot of attention.

What colour did you go for?

benbuhagiar said:
Congrats! Looks a fantastic car from the images and will certainly get a lot of attention.

Thanks. Hopefully it will be a great car :) I'am pretty much going for the same car in the you tube vid - search Porsche Boxster Spyder Guards Red. Its a great vid of the car going through Tuscany. I like black - but last six cars have been black or dark blue (my current 997 is black) but really fancied a change. I narrowed it down to Sapphire Blue or Guards Red. The shape of the Spyder suits most colours tbh so anyone specing it wouldn't make a massive mistake. Its just down to personal preference. I just think Guards Red, with platinum satin wheels & black leather/alcan interior with red stitching, red seat belts etc really sets it off.

Andrew911 said:
benbuhagiar said:

Thanks. Hopefully it will be a great car :) I'am pretty much going for the same car in the you tube vid - search Porsche Boxster Spyder Guards Red. Its a great vid of the car going through Tuscany. I like black - but last six cars have been black or dark blue (my current 997 is black) but really fancied a change. I narrowed it down to Sapphire Blue or Guards Red. The shape of the Spyder suits most colours tbh so anyone specing it wouldn't make a massive mistake. Its just down to personal preference. I just think Guards Red, with platinum satin wheels & black leather/alcan interior with red stitching, red seat belts etc really sets it off.

Sounds great. They are my 2 favourite colours on a Porsche! Let me know when you come round to selling it in a few years time ;)

benbuhagiar said:
Andrew911 said:
benbuhagiar said:

Sounds great. They are my 2 favourite colours on a Porsche! Let me know when you come round to selling it in a few years time ;)

Will need to sell my 997 :) :)

Andrew911 said:
benbuhagiar said:
Andrew911 said:
benbuhagiar said:

Will need to sell my 997 :) :)

Haha I'd love a 997 but sadly out of my price range I'm afraid. How does £20k sound?... :sad:

Enjoy ! Made the leap from 997 ownership to the first gen Spyder, and I am absolutely loving it. Much more track focused, quicker and feels really special when I throw a leg in it. Plus I've already been offered more than I paid for it and I suspect your car will also have very strong residuals.

Plus get lots of comments asking what it is which is nice for a shallow person like myself lol !!!

Congrats of getting an allocation. With not that many going to be around - no temptation to go for an interesting paint to sample colour? In your position I certainly would...

Saw this Spyder for sale a week ago, colour combo blew me away. Only thing missing is PCCBs.

52005BE5-808E-4CE3-818C-15BB915F18D8.png_zpsg2rpqnrc.jpeg

60C0AA31-322C-4E78-BAFB-29CBD35AC68A_zpsawf0g7ok.png

9C293FE2-A9C9-4B9C-95CF-82416824FBA2_zpsk20iguuz.png

Congrats OP! I bet that all look stunning :). And Isysman that grey car is a beauty. :thumbs:

Disco said:
Congrats of getting an allocation. With not that many going to be around - no temptation to go for an interesting paint to sample colour? In your position I certainly would...

Thanks. I'am really surprised tbh to have got one. Emailing 20+ OPC's before Christmas paid off.

PTS -uummm. Tricky one. Love some of he PTS choices that GT4 owners have opted for - particularly the various light blues. Don't think Porsche offer PTS all the time though. Its also a big leap to faith as so few 981 Spyders around to guage what colours really suit. The black roof does make a difference IMO to what colour off-sets nicely. If I were getting say a Caymen - Sapphire blue would be my first choice. Sapphire blue was on the short list for the Spyder but after seeing a you tube vid of the 981 Spyder in Guards Red - it just looked very complete with the black interior, red seat belts, red stitching, red door pulls, black top & satin platinum wheels. I just think everything works so well with that colour combo.

Nattyboy said:
Enjoy ! Made the leap from 997 ownership to the first gen Spyder, and I am absolutely loving it. Much more track focused, quicker and feels really special when I throw a leg in it. Plus I've already been offered more than I paid for it and I suspect your car will also have very strong residuals.

Plus get lots of comments asking what it is which is nice for a shallow person like myself lol !!!

Sounds great :) I've only had the 997 for ten months & really enjoying it - think its a great car & wasn't really looking to change so soon. But got an opportunity to get the 981 Spyder as someone dropped out. I think the Spyder will be more driver focused - manual, buckets, PSE & a 911 engine! As you say I think it should be an investment.

Regarding PTS: I'm not sure it's simply down to whether you want it or not. I wanted PTS on our GTS, but was told it was not available. Rennlist has an interesting thread on PTS Spyders - worth a read. One school of thoughtful that you need to be going direct to the guys at Porsche Exclusive in Germany to get the full range of what you can actually go for. It probably then also means a factory collection is required as well - which they charge for! Just my thoughts...

As to your Spyder: GR is a perfect choice. It will look stunning :thumbs:

tim

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back