Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trailer needed for car to perform wedding duties

Lungauer

I wonder whether someone might be able to offer advice or information. My daughter is getting married in February and would like to use the 964 as her wedding car. I'm flattered, of course, but the venue is 100 miles away from home and, since it doesn't really go out in winter, I'd prefer to trailer it there and back, ideally in a covered trailer.

Can anyone recommend a hire firm? I've googled but can only find open type car trailers. If anyone has one to lend I'll happily pay! I'm in Essex by the way.

Thanks in advance

This will be a memorable occasion and a one-off opportunity why not drive it there?

What do you expect to save in not driving it ?

Drive the bloody thing.

It's a whole lot of fun.

👍

Well. Point taken. And if the weather is like it is currently then I certainly would drive it up there. But after a full respray which took months and wasn't finished until August, I'm not going to be driving it up if it's icy or snowy. I guess you'll all be driving yours through the winter though.

And anyway I thought it would be rather fun towing it behind my Landy, in which I can pack a load of wedding accoutrements.

It's quite common for a car being towed on an open trailer to suffer stone chip damage.

Drive it .... The memories you'll have of driving your 964 to your daughters wedding will be with you for ever.

... Also , a 964 is not going to rot away because of one drive out in Feb ... In fact it will probably do the car more good to be used than sat in the garage

Given the El Nino weather, I'd be amazed if it was snowy/icy.

Wet enough to require a life jacket, possibly.

Defo drive it.

I drove my now bro in law to his wedding in my old 328GTS back in the day, the drive to West Wales was awesome. It was very special (in a non gay way) to spend the last few minutes with him chatting as a 'free man' on the way to the church, to share in his excitement.

Surely a similar experience with your daughter is worth a 1/2 hour with a jetwash and sponge?

Thanks for the advice. It sounds a nice idea - a road trip with daughter on her last day of singledom, but since we're going two days before the wedding (staying at some nearby holiday cottages), I suspect she'll be travelling independently from her home in London. So the reality will be me driving on my own, by motorway, probably in the rain, while the rest of the immediate family go in another car full of dresses, hats, suits and whatnot.

On the day we'll cover all of about two miles, though I'm expecting this to be a happy, reflective, calm period for us both - albeit relatively brief.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back