Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

i was just Browsing JZM..

Senoj

Zandvoort
Not wanting to set off a values thread but probably just have, more wanting to point out some absurdities in the current market ( same thing really..)

Given the context of where we are in Dec 2015 and all that we know has happened etc etc One of these looks cheap and the other looks expensive.

I will leave it open to debate but both are relatively rare vehicles, niether have pdk both have Mezger motors, both mileages are similar and one is a fair bit newer. You could imagine prospective purchasers could be of very similar types too.

Or do you think they are priced about right ?

Well I know where my money would be going - on the 997.

The 996 is on the face of it a mint standard spec car. Whereas the 997 is heavily modified. And in the weird world of Porsche (at least in the UK) lots of expensive mods reduces the value over a standard car.

yeah have to say I'm not a fan of the that gear lever or steering wheel but I do still like the car.

I am just casting my mind back a few years to when they were cheaper than equivalent GT3s, and a conversation with Steve at JZM where he summed up the reason as being that in the market of the time : "nobody wants them". Oh how things have changed, but not hugely surprising when you consider the amount of speculators in the market now and the comparative rarity of the cars.

As for which is the better value of those 2, the word Clubsport is very important IMHO. GT2 Clubsports are up there with unicorn tears - of the few GT2s that they made most were specced as boulevard cruisers. Consequently if you view the investment-worthiness in terms of rarity... I don't think that the Manthey mods will bleed value, but there will probably come a time where someone will take it back to at least looking stock I suspect - stock would certainly be worth more... :?:

Also, while the global numbers for the 996 and 997 GT2s are similar, we also have to remember that the amount of them that came to the UK means that in the microcosm of the C16 market the 996 GT2 is twice as common as the 997. As such the long term market ought to support the contention of a premium for the newer model (with the possible exception of an unmodified example of the 16 cars in the final model year of the 996 with the Mk2 spec, especially one of the Clubsports).

isysman said:
The 996 is on the face of it a mint standard spec car. Whereas the 997 is heavily modified. And in the weird world of Porsche (at least in the UK) lots of expensive mods reduces the value over a standard car.

^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^

IainRS said:
isysman said:

^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^

I dont think in this case the 997 is priced "down" if anything the 996 is priced up. But , thats my point, perception is reality and if it was my money it would be the 997.

Always an interesting comparison, but the better 'value' car for me here, is
the 997 GT2. I recall that the list price for a stock 2008 GT2 was a tad over
130k...and what a car it was, incredibly fast. :thumb:

I had the chance to buy very nice versions of both for 'let's just say considerably less' only a few years ago.

:sad: :sad:

Crazy prices.

So is this the peak, or just a bargain that we regret making the most of?

PeterS said:
I had the chance to buy very nice versions of both for 'let's just say considerably less' only a few years ago.

Crazy prices.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, oughta, mightave and if.

Dunno about the peak, i suspect not.

Senoj said:
PeterS said:

Crazy prices.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, oughta, mightave and if.

Dunno about the peak, i suspect not.

Lol...wtf ! 'Mightave', 'coulda' etc...you been working on some new
words for the latest 2016 Chambers concise dictionary then ? :floor:

Attachments

• porsche_911_gt2_997_s2128142_10_152.jpg
    porsche_911_gt2_997_s2128142_10_152.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 10,433
  • porsche_911_gt2_997_s2128142_9_358.jpg
    porsche_911_gt2_997_s2128142_9_358.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 10,433
  • porsche_911_gt2_997_s2128142_8_831.jpg
    porsche_911_gt2_997_s2128142_8_831.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 10,433
  • porsche_911_gt2_997_s2128142_3_111.jpg
    porsche_911_gt2_997_s2128142_3_111.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 10,433
  • porsche_911_gt2_997_s2128142_1_831.jpg
    porsche_911_gt2_997_s2128142_1_831.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 10,433
It's funny in the last 12 months if I'd seen these photos of the interior of the GT2 I would have been admiring every detail, but now it just looks like the interior of my car! Nice feeling :D

That car doesn't have the right carpet set - do GT cars with BOSE not get the GT carpets then?

As for prices of these who knows, it's all gone a bit crazy but it looks like not many cars are moving, I know of a few 997 and 996s that have sold but I think the spread of prices and some opportunistic dealers are preventing cars from moving around - I wouldn't know what to pay if I was buying my car in this market!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back