Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It''s a Keeper! For Someone new...

Jcx

Estoril
'It's a keeper!" I thought when I bought it in September 2013.

'It's a keeper!" Said my Porsche Indy when he first saw it.

Amber02_zpsisfa66fs.jpg

It certainly was a keeper for owner #3 who had it 11 years and owner #4 who had it 9 years. But as keeper #5 with 40 cars in my vehicle history I don't have a good track record for keeping them that long. My mind wanders... and so today my gorgeous 964 C2 Coupe has gone to its new home where I trust it will indeed again be a keeper.

A true enthusiast has bought it. He said it just fitted him when he test drove it. I wish them both many happy years and fun miles.

Through my two-and-a-bit years of ownership I have made new friends, enjoyed a bunch of events, won a regional PCGB concourse competition, driven it in the parade at Hedingham Castle, and bonded ever more strongly with my little petrol head daughter who has co-piloted on our many mini road trips.

ClassicsCastle15-00028_zpsjpahtsqt.jpgoriginal_zpsm1al6fkc.jpg

DSC_0456_zpsylgxd2cz.jpgoriginal_zps9vohguyx.jpg

IMG_2687_zpspnhokque.jpg

DSC_0460_zpsvdgn9j0n.jpgoriginal_zpsxfn4e9w6.jpg

For me cars are not always 'keepers for life' – life's needs and desires change. For me however, memories are for keeps and every one of my cars has been a marvellous memory maker. In fact I still have superb memories associated with my dad's cars when I was a child and I know I have recorded many superb memories with my little co-pilot in our cars.

So fare thee well fine 964 pals.

Fear not, I'll not be straying very far.

With a little luck I'll be bimbling about in another neunelfer within a week or two. It'll have a 3.8 engine out back with some forced induction. Deposit is paid and inspection is pending. I'll post pics and deets in due course.

Cheers!

Postscript: I drafted the above in anticipation of completing the sale this morning and sure enough the car has now gone. It looked resplendent in the morning sun and sounded amazing as it drove off. What a stunning car. So pleased to have enjoyed it for the time I had custody. Still feel a little sad now as I contemplate its passing. Think I need to remove the pics from my PC desktop – it's like torture watching it on my screen :-(

Great little write-up, farewell, and I hope the replacement brings as many happy memories. 8)

I hope your daughter will one day learn to forgive you...

You've made a good few bags there Big Joe :thumb:

I'm trusting that the new car will have TPMS :grin:

Good luck with the new motor Joe, hopefully you will bond with it just like the 64 :thumb:

Hope your new one brings you as much pleasure as your 964 did, Joe.

It's going to be down to me to keep the 964 flag flying at the E Midlands gang meets. You'll be nostalgic every time you see the old girl. :sad:

Thats a shame Joe but I am sure the new car will bring you much joy too. My two young boys love riding in the 964, funnily enough it is the smell of the cabin that they love the most...one of those unique signature things with air-cooled cars I guess!

Glad it went to another enthusiasm...all the best.

Hi Jcx, that was a beautiful 964 you had there, someone is going to have a smug smile on their face now!

So.... A 3.8 Turbo eh? Gen2 won the day by the sound of things, I look forward to the pictures :thumbs:

Mike

Joe,
I personally will miss you in the 964 tea room that is this forum. Although sometimes controversial (read tyre pressures) but so enthusiastic about your chosen weapon! We all need a change and indeed I too have considered a 'Fire Sale'. I wish you all the best with your turbo. I guess you and Gaz will be getting all chummy! Myself and the rest of the gang will miss your energetic and informative posts, but will smile at the thought that you haven't strayed to far. I do hope that the new custodian of your 964 will be persuaded to join us here, where they will be most welcome. Farewell old chum, farewell :sad:

Hi All,

Ive become the new custodian :thumb:

Followed Joe's introduction and journey with interest. What a great car, couldn't bear to think of it going in a container to the East :nooo:

Enjoyed "lurking with a smile" for a while and learning a lot from the exploits of this group

Had a fantastic drive home today, weather was peachy. Engine pulls like a train (not sure if thats the Wong chip or just a tight 964 engine). So many areas of this car are just as new...

The interesting minor switchgear layout has caught me out a bit I must admit...

Ive always had a hankering for a 964 and this one more than fits the bill. Very little to do as you guys know. Joe has done a superb job of "doing the right things". She's booked in at CG just to give me peace of mind on the recent damper and spring set up.

Whilst the car deserves to be kept presentable, Ill try not to let my 993 tendencies creep through too much - well at least their isn't a wiper widget to worry about:)

She wont be going on track, thats what the Cayman's for

Looking forward to contributing:) Ill try to keep the East Mids end up!

Dont worry Joe, Ill look after her...:thumb:

Hi Clarkey,
Well that didn't take long for you to chime in 8)
Great car or should I say car-s! Love the Caymen as well :thumb:
Really chuffed for you, and for Joe. As the saying goes "Winner, winner chicken dinner!"

Welcome Clarkey :thumb: Keep us updated on the tyre pressures you end up running

993 to 964. You know it makes sense :grin:

Hi Joe,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss (it's like a bereavement) :sad: but good luck with your new acquisition. I've enjoyed the conversations we'v head and I hope we'll meet again soon.

Hi Clarkey,

Welcome and whatever you paid, you stole it! :grin:

It's an absolute cracker!

Good luck,
Paul

My word Clarkey, you don't stop do you.

Soon there will no cars left for every else!

You bringing her to the Midlands Meet Christmas meal?

That is a gorgeous car, i'm like you they are in your life for the memory so enjoy while you have it.

Look forward to seeing your new car :thumb:

J

Hi Joe,

Great eulogy and nice to see the Hedingham pictures again (good to be reminded it was sunny once also).

I look froward to admiring your new ride when we meet again, whatever it may be.

Maybe at some point your daughter can turn mine into a petrolhead somehow, which is definitely not the case at this point, despite my best attempts..! You're lucky (or more skilled)! :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back