Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman R - Thoughts

I'm not an expert as mines a Cayman S but has pdk etc.

In my opinion, fwiw, at first it seems reasonably priced but I feel the mileage is the reason for that.
If you don't do too many miles, then I suppose in a couple of years it would sort that out if you know what I mean.
I like the wheels but the green isn't a colour that I would go for (but again I suppose it would make it a bit special and you'll get noticed)

Most buyers look for :

Manual (PDK is probably great too but I've never tried it)
Spyder wheels
Buckets
PSE

This car is in the launch colour which is desirable to some but the mileage is a little high for the price IMHO.

If it ticks your boxes then go for it as you won't be disappointed. The CR is a fantastic car to drive (try finding a bad review on the Web) :thumb:

I wouldn't be put off by the mileage. Not as if these engines aren't reliable. Could quite easily see you well into the 100 of thousands without issue.

The CR is a great car. I think this one is cheap. Ok yes it has high miles, but that wouldn't put me off if I wanted one and that was my budget.

It is a very special car and pretty rare. Only around 200 came to the UK (50/50 ish split manual to PDK)

I have a CR in manual. Absolutely love the thing. Had a 997 C4S before this and this is another level.

I thought this one had sold - was having a wee browse the other day to see what the market was doing. Am also confused as to whether or not this one has PSE. The tailpipes suggest no, but the dash buttons suggest maybe? Or do PDK cars with Sports Chrono Plus have 2 buttons in the bottom left?

Love my Manual CR in Peridot. It's approaching 29k miles.

Great cars..

Drive one and you'll be hooked

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back