Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 trackday baiting ?

jackal2513

Baku
Is this sort of thing commonplace these days ? Maybe i've been away from TD's too long but I found this quite shocking i.e. that someone would bait a rival car on a trackday, purposely not pass them to make them 'race' and then afterward make a public video about it with the title "my car vs. your car" and even edit the video to repeat a small mistake by the other car in slow motion. Apart from the sheer embarrassment of doing something this puerile my main thought was that the GT3 driver is clearly a novice and just wants to be left the hell alone.

As i've been researching the Exige V6 recently I also stumbled across this on one of the forums:

"I tried to be friendly to the GT3 owner but I think he was getting a bit fed up of seeing green Lotus in his mirrors, now I know why! Probably thought it was the same car! He had a bit of a sense of humour failure after his moment at Copse (lovingly captured in slo mo super HD) :p. The story goes, in the first encounter he just indicated for me to pass as soon as I got near him. A bit chicken I thought, I mean, doesn't he read Evo? A 2.7 Cayman is all you need to put a V6 Exige in its place! The second time he indicated right I wondered what might happen if I refused to pass. Happily it did the trick and off he shot. OK I know it's a bit childish but it was great fun from where I was sitting to compare the two cars. It also backed up what I previously thought, the Exige's weight advantage becomes really obvious under braking. But I would have thought it would have been fun for the GT3 driver too but after his moment I pulled alongside to give him the thumbs up he blanked me completely. Nevermind, I was having enough fun for the both of us! ;)"

Blanked him ? I'm suprised he didn't get out and fill his face in ! Was the GT3 driver anyone on here ?

That is pretty purile behaivior. If you are that set on measuring your manhood on a race track then go racing, at least its set out in classes and you have qualifying etc so there is a somewhat level playing field of man and machine..

Trouble is GT3 is considered the daddy so some folks need to measure themselves against it. v6 cup should be up there with one anyway so im not sure why he was so pleased with himself. Guy tried to let him by but he didnt pass, whats that all about?

Perhaps the GT3 owner was out on his first track day and was not interested in getting involved in silly "tussle". I noticed the Lotus driver did the same thing to the GT-R.

If I was the GT3 owner I would have just dropped my speed right down on the straight until he passed me.

In a few words, the Exige driver is a prized number one twat, made me
wonder whether he was looking to intimidate the GT3 driver into making
a really serious error...

They is no place for that kind of behaviour on a fun track day.
:nooo:

His YouTube video is titled "Lotus Exige V6 Cup vs Porsche 991 GT3 - Silverstone rematch"

More than likely got his rear end handed to him previously by another GT3.

I have ridden that track on a bike and if you don't know the GP circuit it can bite you very nastily! If you have never been there then I am sure you will be cagey especially in an expensive car! I would say the exige driver knows the track very well - he still doesn't know how to handle the right hander at the end of the back straight; and he creates huge under steer for himself on most corners
t055er

it's this very reason why I'm hesitant doing non Porsche track days. 22 yo Clio/ Focus crew wearing their finest tracksuit, chasing prestigious car bragging rights are the ones that concern me.
Seeing a Clio airborne 2 meters in the air with wheels pointing in the wrong direction has left a mark.

nick w said:
In a few words, the Exige driver is a prized number one twat, made me
wonder whether he was looking to intimidate the GT3 driver into making
a really serious error...

They is no place for that kind of behaviour on a fun track day.
:nooo:

Agree what a 100% Lotus twat

I had this years again in my known yellow GT3 when I did a track day with some friends that had never driven on track ever.

Later in the day my friend had a go with his laps and he was followed by some car who was filming and then the video ended up on youtube with 'look fast my car is to a Gt3 is'

:hand:

it's all about perspective

Yep, what an arse.

How small is his willy do you think?

what a wally.

wonder who organised this track day - they should have spotted this and sent him packing.

To his credit he has now changed the title of the video from
"Lotus Exige V6 Cup vs Porsche 991 GT3 - Silverstone rematch!"
to "Lotus Exige V6 Cup - Silverstone 2015" after myself and a few others questioned him on it. Claims it was purely for youtube hits.

Takes a special kind of person to post over 10 whole minutes of indifferent laps around a circuit... :sleepy:

If you think you are good enough Mister, stick a number on and race. :bye:

I know the guy on the lotus forum - he is a nice mature guy but has a massive chip on his shoulder about Porsches...

20yrs ago people took their car brand to heart as a statement or something but the world has moved on and we all appreciate the qualities of different cars and definitely acknowledge driver skill as a big factor.

But sadly, our Jonny is somewhat challenged in this regard with reference to P cars...

Presumably he does not post the videos of when he gets his ass handed to him by a P car.

Not sure 'mature' is the adjective I would use. The adjectives that spring to mind are not suitable for publication in a family website.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back