Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 for sale in Wilmslow

isysman

Daytona
Interestingly I've been watching this GT3 in Wilmslow that's been on sale for about 6+ months now. Photo was taken on 25 June 2015.

Pictured (furthest from the camera). The other sold quite quickly. I put this down to it having bucket seats and the other having sport seats.

There have been two price drops since it went on sale. I did take a photo of the other when it reduced to £144k but I can't find it. As you can see though it's now over £10k less than originally advertised. Is this a sign of things to come? Or just not the spec people want (i.e. bucket seats)?

IMG_5470_zps40rgjfnz.jpg

Original price (25 June 2015)
IMG_5471_zpsljngpwme.jpg

Current price (10 Nov 2015)
IMG_5907_zpsvjlorpkn.jpg

Bramleys had a blue gt3 which dropped from memory £154 then to £146 and settled at £139 comfort seat and ceramics with about 4K miles on the clock- and it did really did look like a nice example.
But yes there are still a few cars hanging about.

time of year and not the newest shiny thing on the block anymore.

other potentials could be the people are/were getting fed up off the marked up prices here that some went to Europe and purchased lhd cars. I went to the DK meet before summer and a good handful of the cars from other marquees where LHD

Talking of blocks, perhaps people are waiting for all the recalls to settle :dont know:

991 GT3's were easily out numbering the 996 and 997's last week at Oulton,so some they are being used.

If they drop it to £70k I'll take a punt :thumb:

:bandit:

It begs the question - why do they inflate so much

-------------

Its bonkers

Zingari said:
If they drop it to £70k I'll take a punt :thumb:
Come to the Gulf, Zingari. Earliest 991 GT3s starting at £75k for a LHD model.

~ Maxie :thumb:

PS I hear a rumour that JZM are importing LHD models in from the Gulf and selling in the UK....can anyone confirm this?

Maxie said:
PS I hear a rumour that JZM are importing LHD models in from the Gulf and selling in the UK....can anyone confirm this?

I hadn't heard that specifically, but I was rather assuming it would be the case sooner or later now that they have an operation out there. It is a pretty obvious step since they opened JZM Gulf in Abu Dhabi isn't it...?

Disco said:
I hadn't heard that specifically, but I was rather assuming it would be the case sooner or later now that they have an operation out there. It is a pretty obvious step since they opened JZM Gulf in Abu Dhabi isn't it...?
Thanks for confirming Disco....I hadn't heard of JZM Gulf until now. So, how much are LHD 991 GT3s selling for in the UK?

~ Maxie

someone here should start importing them from Saudi Arabi (if it's possible?) - prices on the classified there for 991 GT3s look to be cheaper than even Dubai!

Now it's paddle shift makes no difference on the track if you've got a LHD or RHD, because all GT3s are for track weapon use primarily, not sitting being pampered in a temperature-regulated garage, right?! :puh:

p.s. i'd chop off my right hand for a LHD 991 GT3 :joker:

Maxie said:
So, how much are LHD 991 GT3s selling for in the UK?

There weren't many in the market the last time I looked, but the asking prices are in the ballpark of what RHD ones have changed hands for (in the 130s). However I cannot imagine them actually selling for that when you can just buy one from Germany for £110k at the bottom end of the market. £117k will get you an approved used from an OPC according to mobile.de...

badlands said:
Now it's paddle shift makes no difference on the track if you've got a LHD or RHD, because all GT3s are for track weapon use primarily, not sitting being pampered in a temperature-regulated garage, right?! :puh:

In theory the LHD is better for track - better pedal box ergonomics and of course the 90 litre fuel tank instead of 64 means more time lapping and less queuing at the pumps.....

However - I still reckon that as soon as they get to 9 years old and can no longer be ran on an OPC warranty the 991s will completely evaporate from circuit use in the blink of an eye.

No Axel Lift

I think this car hasn't sold and subsequently had price drops because it has no front axel lift. I know this because that's why I didn't buy it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back