Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

High Mileage 991s

jazzy2000

Newby here,
Finally taking the plunge into the Porsche team. Looked to buy a 2012 991s with relatively high mileage from OPC. 52k+ genuine miles apparently. Is there anything I should be looking out for and is there anything costly that need changing imminently? It will come with Porsche warranty.
Thanks for your help and hopefully not jumping into the frying pan.

:welcome: to 911uk

If it's coming from an OPC with their 2 year warranty you should be fine BUT I'd really want the car to be considerably cheaper than any similarly aged car with sub-25k miles.

If 991s follow the 'average mileage per year' trend set by 996s and 997s then a car with 52k miles should be 7 years old.

How many miles are you likely to add during your tenure :?:

If your miles wouldn't significantly reduce the average in the time you own it you'll take a hit when sale time comes as there'll be a lot of lower mileage cars around at that time.

If the price to buy is right and you're not going to add too many miles yourself it could be a real bargain.

Good Luck :thumb:

I had considered a Vantage S but the warranty and PDK pushed me towards the C2S. Are there any maintenance requirements at 60k+? Dont say engine rebuild. :D

Too many many miles for me

My next will be a late 997 gen 2 (under 40,000)

or an early 991 (under 20,000)

With no more than two owners

jazzy2000 said:
I will be doing less than 5k miles a year and hopefully average it down after a few years. Its from Guildford.
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...carrera-991/porsche-911-carrera-s-pdk/4964769

Showing now as SOLD. Did you buy it :?:

£57k for a 52k miles car vs £66-£68k for various cars on the market with sub-30k miles seemed like a decent deal.

That % difference in value would always be there but a 991 for the price of a late 997 would make it pretty tempting.

What I've realised after trying to find a Cayenne diesel is that selling a Porsche with high mileage is the motoring equivalent of having Ebola unless it is priced right.

I was looking at a 1 owner 2012 Cayenne with 105k miles because it has everything I'd want on it but slowly the dealer price has come down from £33k to £29k. My guess is it still has a some way to go yet before someone bites as £32k gets you in one with half that mileage. It doesn't help the dealership has (had) a very poor reputation :nooo:

T8 said:
jazzy2000 said:
I will be doing less than 5k miles a year and hopefully average it down after a few years. Its from Guildford.
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...carrera-991/porsche-911-carrera-s-pdk/4964769

Showing now as SOLD. Did you buy it :?:

£57k for a 52k miles car vs £66-£68k for various cars on the market with sub-30k miles seemed like a decent deal.

That % difference in value would always be there but a 991 for the price of a late 997 would make it pretty tempting.

Paid deposit for it. Seeing it next week. My man maths works out that 52k + 5k for 4 years makes 72k for 7 year old car. Still high but not unreasonable. Me thinks.

I think you've done rather well there considering its from OPC as well, looks very nice, congrats :thumbs: :thumbs:

cambsguy said:
I think you've done rather well there considering its from OPC as well, looks very nice, congrats :thumbs: :thumbs:

Popping down to drive the car on Monday. If all goes well, driving it home too. Cannot wait :lol: :lol: Will post pics when i get back

Anything I should look out for when I inspect the car?

:thumb:

Anything mechanical will have been sorted by the OPC and the warranty means that you won't have to worry about anything other than wear & tear items for 2 years.

I'd therefore concentrate on:

(1) The history/paperwork of the car. Make sure you've got details of everything the car has done to it since it was new. Get copies of invoices etc. For future resale on an above average mileage car this will help massively.

(2) Check the condition of the car very carefully - especially the interior. Any scuffs, marks, broken trim etc will be very difficult and/or expensive to put right. If you point them out at the time of purchase you should be able to get them fixed 'at cost'. That will work out better than trying to negotiate a few quid off as I doubt they'll move much on price and the cost/hassle of getting it done at a later date could end up being more than you expect.

Good Luck

T8 said:
:thumb:

Anything mechanical will have been sorted by the OPC and the warranty means that you won't have to worry about anything other than wear & tear items for 2 years.

I'd therefore concentrate on:

(1) The history/paperwork of the car. Make sure you've got details of everything the car has done to it since it was new. Get copies of invoices etc. For future resale on an above average mileage car this will help massively.

(2) Check the condition of the car very carefully - especially the interior. Any scuffs, marks, broken trim etc will be very difficult and/or expensive to put right. If you point them out at the time of purchase you should be able to get them fixed 'at cost'. That will work out better than trying to negotiate a few quid off as I doubt they'll move much on price and the cost/hassle of getting it done at a later date could end up being more than you expect.

Good Luck

So how did it go Jazz?
I'm in a similar boat to you re wanting a high miler but keeping for a good few number of years. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back