Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 R spied

isysman

Daytona
If this is indeed the 911R it looks like a GT3 without a wing. In fact it could be just someone who bought a GT3 and removed the spoiler.

2016-porsche-911-r-spy-photo.jpg

http://www.worldcarfans.com/1151029100525/possible-2016-porsche-911-r-spied-for-the-first-time

I saw similar pics tweeted by a car mag suggesting these are just test mules and that we may see wings or perhaps a ducktail appear on the finished car... :dont know:

More flannel from the motoring press to sell copy. If anything I wondered if it was a 991.2 GTS.

Looks exactly like the 991 GT3 that the owner had the spoiler deleted from (which has been on the roads of Europe for over a year now). This make not be the scoop that the publisher thinks it is... :hand:

isysman said:
If this is indeed the 911R it looks like a GT3 without a wing. In fact it could be just someone who bought a GT3 and removed the spoiler.
Rear spoiler delete is a no-cost option on the 991 GT3.

~ Maxie

I don't know if this is the r but the r is coming . I have posted information on the r thread for anyone that's interested .

Cut and pasted :
Greetings . The 911 r is coming . It has not been scrapped . It is a more powerful ( note I don't necessarily say gt3 engined although that's the most likely option ) car . It will be manual , at first there was talk of extreme hard core ness with even talk of one seat (!). That has been laid to bed though .
It seems this is a manual , lighter , more bespoke 911/ gt3 , available only in manual with an emphasis on fun and interaction rather than outright track pace . Expect less aero and grip , no rws , bespoke interior and exterior bits and a very Spartan but not race car like interior as standard with many comforts able to be added back as no cost options . The car will be very limited in number ( uk allocation between "under 20" and 40 cars ) and cost "much more" than the gt3 . It will be like an even more special sport classic / run out model . However don't be surprised if something very similar isn't bought out later with higher production numbers ( like the GTS was to the sport classic ).
Hope this helps , wt

:thumb:

Great looking car

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back