Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Panamera 4.8 4s or turbo. What to look for.

david_a

Considering a couple of cars both 60 reg. One a 4.8 one a turbo. Anything particular to look out for on these or pannys in general ?

Try to get one with PSE and the rear passenger options such as ventilation controls and electric seats. The Executive models offer increased rear passenger space.

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
Try to get one with PSE and the rear passenger options such as ventilation controls and electric seats. The Executive models offer increased rear passenger space.

~ Maxie

But I dont sit in the back !

The 4.8 had rear heating and ac controls the turbo had headrest TVs... Don't think it had reads eat controls.

Any engine/pdk other things to worry about?

Make sure you have a comprehensive warranty if only for PDK failure. It's a sealed unit and a complete replacement job if it fails.

~ Maxie

The nearest petrol station :dont know:

MC

Maxie said:
Make sure you have a comprehensive warranty if only for PDK failure. It's a sealed unit and a complete replacement job if it fails.

~ Maxie

The plan would be to add an opc Porsche warrant for the first year or two. Peace of mind and all that.

Boo, well went to look at a panny turbo, nice car but price point given it was due a service in a couple of months, would need to put a couple of years of porsche warranty on it, and a couple of other minor niggles I think I'd have been better off waiting for one to turn up at an OPC rather than a independent garage. If it was just a 2/3 K cheaper I'd have been very tempted (and look what my last impulse buy got me!).

This is why I end up at an OPC every time !

I've had a 4s and a turbo

I'd go for the air suspension
better comfort when you need it

My 4s had an infuriating knock from the front, which even replacing the PASM dampers didn't fix (warranty, of course..!)
I fixed it by buying a turbo...:)

Both had PSE - a must
turbo was a sport design model with lots of CF bits inside - a brilliant car.

It made 188mph at Bruntingthorpe, and sub 3 sec 0-60 times with launch !

MPG about same as 4S - 18-28mpg

I had sort seats in the turbo - again a definite yes

Oops

May have just bought a 4s.

bigkeeko said:
david_a said:
Oops

May have just bought a 4s.

You said that like it was an accident :lol:

Well I once went looking for a cheap 996 and came back with a turbo s cab that was mint.

I originally started looking for cheap diesel pannys then that evolved into a fully loaded 4s or turbo.

The 4s has burmester, rear ent, keyless, thermal glass, rear everything, seat vents, etc etc etc

I've never got the Burmester upgrade. Whilst it might be OK for Andre Previn even Bose I've never found either far superior to the standard kit. :dont know:

Even audiophiles dont like Bose and if they are buying select the standard system as its far easier to upgrade. But if you weren't the original buyer that excessive price Burmester option has been passed on to you for the square root of FA :thumb:

I was looking for a Panny diesel but couldn't find one with upgraded seats (ie at least lumbar option) and the standard seats is a deal breaker for me :what:

07476477947663-vi.jpg

10476477950041-vi.jpg

Oops and the reason for needing a sensible practical car.

Any updates on your purchase? How are you finding the Panamera and does the 996 still get used at all?

In a similar situation myself and am interested in learning from owners' experiences.

Riccardo said:
Any updates on your purchase? How are you finding the Panamera and does the 996 still get used at all?

In a similar situation myself and am interested in learning from owners' experiences.

Panamera is brillant, a great car, a turbo would have been nice but couldn't find one for the price / condition / spec of this one. Have done 13K in it now.

The 9e'd 996 turbos s cab - I did 1200 miles between mots - may to may this year !

Only because most days I'm on pick up or drop off child duty or its crap weather so the panny is nicer.

Am in the 996 today - 6:30am drive to work, quiet roads. roof off, exhaust on load :) :)

Am keeping both for the foreseeable.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back