Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I think I saw my next 911 today

T8

Super Moderator
EDIT: Please note this thread was started in October 2015.

In 3 years time, when it's £45k and not £70k, I could really see myself in this.

Guards Red, Ducktail, nice wheels, PCCBs, PDK

I like the spoiler, and Guards Red is just a classic 911 colour, lovely car that :thumb:

What model 991 is this Terry or does it just wear a certain aero? :?:

adamw said:
What model 991 is this Terry or does it just wear a certain aero? :?:

It's just a C2S.

The duck tail and any other body extras (front PU?) aren't even mentioned on the windscreen blurb.

3 years old, 17k miles. £69,995

That looks very nice , colour and duck tail look great :thumbs:

Sorry, not doing it for me. Ducktail looks all wrong on this car. I'd stick with your 997T Terry, and keep it forever. :thumb:

Terry,

Looks lovely aside from the ducktail. Love the colour. But tell me pls... On PM if you prefer, how does your 997T compare to your 996T? I feel an itch for one and the 997 feels like a better bet in the medium term. I don't see their values dropping by much as the 996 T prices comes up to match.

Yeah, I'm not for the ducktail on the 991, just doesn't seem right. The rest of it, yum yum. Always a dangerous place to visit OPC Tonbridge (unless I'm mistaken).

Jcx said:
Terry,

Looks lovely aside from the ducktail. Love the colour. But tell me pls... On PM if you prefer, how does your 997T compare to your 996T? I feel an itch for one and the 997 feels like a better bet in the medium term. I don't see their values dropping by much as the 996 T prices comes up to match.

Hi Joe,

Have a read here => 996T / 997 Comparisons

Now 8 months / 5000 miles in I've discovered nothing new. As a car the 997T does everything the 996T did ....... but better. To get a 996T as nice as my 997T you'd have to pay a similar amount of money and that seems crazy.

As an investment ....... :dont know: ..... I bought mine to use.

I think a ducktail looks great- but only on a 2.7RS

Shurv said:
Sorry, not doing it for me. Ducktail looks all wrong on this car. I'd stick with your 997T Terry, and keep it forever. :thumb:

These are my thoughts..
I like the 991 but somehow this kit doesn't look right on the c2s to me. Maybe it's the wheels?
I'd rather yr 997.1 turbo Terry :thumb:

T8 said:
In 3 years time, when it's £45k and not £70k, I could really see myself in this.

Guards Red, Ducktail, nice wheels, PCCBs, PDK

Ditto, but not the Ducktail for me and I'd prefer black wheels, especially with those yellow callipers :thumb:

Edited to fix the quotes.

Thanks for your input Guys :thumb:

For me it's the wheels, ducktail and PCCBs that make this car special.

I'd two-tone the wheels (dark anthracite and black, like my 997T) but otherwise it'd be :cloud9:

The key driver would be the 'cost to change'. In 3 years time I might be in 'straight swop' territory. If so the chance to have a 5 year newer car would swing it for me.

In the meantime ..... I've still got pics to drool over.

T8 said:
Jcx said:
Terry,

Hi Joe,

Have a read here => 996T / 997 Comparisons

Now 8 months / 5000 miles in I've discovered nothing new. As a car the 997T does everything the 996T did ....... but better. To get a 996T as nice as my 997T you'd have to pay a similar amount of money and that seems crazy.

As an investment ....... :dont know: ..... I bought mine to use.

Mmm tx Terry. Love your rare guards red.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back