Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BlackFire Wet Diamond - any one used it?

CarreraMonkey

Anyone on here used the Blackfire wet diamond kit?

Opinions on it if you have.

Thanks

Matt

I'd always gone down the poor boys black hole followed by purple haze on my black car, but fancied doing something different on the wife's, so got the the wet diamond kit and applied it along with a couple of coats of supernatural hybrid back in September. Both cars have had a couple of washes over the winter.

This morning they both looked like this:

But after a decent wash and a spritz with some black fire wet diamond polymer spray, they looked like this:

The thing is that even after 5 months, the blue car still felt slick when clean even though nothing had been applied since, whilst I had used Aqua wax when drying the black one and it was still dull and flat. The polymer spray really livened both up.

Without doubt I'm using the wet diamond kit and supernatural hybrid on both in the future. It's just so easy to apply, durable and a spritz with the polymer spray really brings up the shine.

Really impressed with the blackfire stuff.

Not used it, but am buying some after seeing those pics :thumb: did you wash it and then just apply the polymer spray and wipe off. :D

The blue car had the full treatment in the autumn:
Blackfire Gloss enhancing polish
Blackfire All Purpose Paint Treatment
Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid wax

Whilst the Black car had been waxed back in the summer with Dodo juice Purple haze and since has just been washed and dried using Autoglym Aquawax.

So this time I just washed them, dried them and then sprayed them with the Blackfire wet diamond polymer spray and they came out like that. :eek:

This is the wet diamond kit:
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/blackfire-wet-diamond-kit.html

Not sunny today, but cars are still super shiney.

IMAG1346_zpso1rqcex4.jpg

edit: better photo light now.

Have you applied the product to the window glass all the way round or have you used some other product for that? I'm asking because I used 'RainX' on both of mine & it's a right pain to polish clear. The best way I can describe it is it's an oily/haze glaze. It'll have to come all off.

I've rainex'd the front and rear screens on both cars and yes, you do get that 'rainbow smear' but that's the reason it repels water.

Rainex provide a very deep cleaner for glass. Use it to remove the rainex.

The glass is pretty grubby on the inside on both cars tbh. They need going over properly, but I didn't have the time to do it on sunday. Will pop out and do them both this evening perhaps.

And no, that's just clean glass after a decent wash and dry. No blackfire on the glass.

Used RainX on the inside to prevent any fogging as it's supposed to stop it all together. It'll be staying in the cupboard from now on :thumb: . Good old trusted washing up liquid in some hot water brings any glass back to showroom finish once dried off with a dry cloth :thumb:

Yep, used it before & it is a superb product!

:thumb:

Phil 997 said:
CarreraMonkey said:

Oh yes that's a better price. so last question my car is midnight blue do you thing the Diamond spray or the midnight sun spray to get that deep wetlook :thumb: thanks Phil

From what I've read, the polymer is the way to go for that sharp wet look. Wax tends to be a bit softer in finish.

But I'm sure either would be fine.

Out of interest, what are you putting it over? Wax or sealant?

Has anyone used Blackfire Wet Diamond on a light coloured car ?

It says it is for all paint finishes, but no mention of colours :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back