Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

So... bought a Boxster (now a progress thread :)

isysman

Daytona
So I've been looking at 981 Boxsters for a while. I'm not an impulse type of person and weighed up the pros and cons for months now. Anyway I was looking for the right spec when I heard that not only is there a new Boxster coming with Turbo engine, but there is also a sub-Boxster coming next year. This was from someone at Wilmslow OPC.

So now I want to wait and find out all the details of these cars before buying anything new or nearly new.

So I decided in the meantime that I would buy a newer Mini, as the one I have although in great condition and super quick was not new enough for me. So I started looking at newish Minis. Then when I found a great 2013 R56 Mini I realised that at that price I could actually get a nice Boxster for the money. And I loved my old Boxster and if I could have I would have bought it back a long time ago.

So to cut a long story short I have bought a 2008 3.4S Boxster. Black on black (I swore I'd never buy another black car).

I actually saw this car for sale privately earlier this year but the owner was asking Gen.2 prices. Then I saw it on this dealer website (Lloyds of Blackpool) and they again were asking unrealistic price. But I was able to get a great deal on it eventually.

It has the most fantastic spec, effectively the only things it doesn't have are Sports seats (which I just sold a set) and PSE.

Spec is as follows (based on memory)

MY08 3.4S
Sport body kit with front and rear defusers
Full electric heated seats
Porsche crest embossed seats
PASM
PCCBs (yep)
PCM 2.1 Satnav
AC
Bi Zenon headlights
Sport Classic 19" alloys
Multi Function steering wheel
Michelin Super Sport tyres

EDIT: Some others I just took from the advert!
Cruise Control
Self dimming mirrors
TPMS

It has a full Porsche service history and has just had a major service in May this year. Advisories were sorted at the time. You can see it's been looked after, and the fact it has all stamped service book done either at Wilmslow or Chester a major plus.

Also I'm buying it from a Mini Dealer so I get a one year warranty.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-23%20at%2012.06.29_zpsgeqkkryg.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-23%20at%2012.06.45_zpsrdvgmxej.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-23%20at%2012.06.38_zpsmif8azk8.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-23%20at%2012.06.53_zpsifpbjz7p.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-23%20at%2012.07.00_zpshyzk2sym.png

Now the dilemma, I spoke to family and they think I should trade in my Mini. They have offered me £2k which is OK but I think it would be worth £3k on ebay. However it needs a new power steering pump and most likely an exhaust as I think it's blowing. So by the time I fixed those I'd break even if that.

However I love that Mini so I have a bit of a dilemma. How much would I drive the Mini once I get that Boxster, that's the question? Have no idea, but As I look at it on my drive I can't help but think it's the wrong decision.

What do you guys think (of the new motor and the dilemma)?

Looks spot on :thumb:

How brilliant it has PCCB's

a great decision for a daily.

Enjoy

J :thumb:

M9JOC said:

Enjoy

Can I have my seats back please! :D

isysman said:
M9JOC said:

Enjoy

:grin: i know i made it in the nick of time.

Another set of Carbon seats for the Boxster ???

Great car, some great photo opportunities for you with those two beasts

J

M9JOC said:
isysman said:
M9JOC said:

Enjoy

J

Noooo, you absolutely MUST have heated seats in a convertible. It should be the law. It's a deal breaker for me. If this car hadn't had them I wouldn't have bought it. I think I'll be able to live with the seats in it. They are fully electric like the ones you bought from me, just not the silver backs.

isysman said:
M9JOC said:
isysman said:
M9JOC said:

Enjoy

J

Noooo, you absolutely MUST have heated seats in a convertible. It should be the law. It's a deal breaker for me. If this car hadn't had them I wouldn't have bought it. I think I'll be able to live with the seats in it. They are fully electric like the ones you bought from me, just not the silver backs.

I think you will be fine :thumb: Never really see those alloys on a boxster they look great in black setting of the Yellow PCCB Calipers.

Yellow seat belts maybe? , Steering Wheel centre line in yellow?

2nd Project i can see the thread start already. Thank goodness there is no GT* Boxster...... YET!!!

J

Haha oh God imagine!

Well when I had my old Boxster I made it look like the RS60 Spyder limited edition they made. But thankfully this car is the wrong colour for that.

I want to keep it as it is... but I might put the all red rear lights on it like I put on my old Boxster... and I might get the RS60 twin tail pipes! Oh dear maybe I should start a thread... :dont know:

isysman said:

RS60 boxster They were perfect. All red lights i had that in my 2nd Cayman DesignEdition1 loved them.

I removed the instrument dial cover in my 1st cayman at the time to mimic that car.

Borla exhaust & De-Snorkled haha

Start a thread....It has to be done :thumb:

What an absolute beauty! :thumbs: I think Boxsters look fantastic in black. :worship:

kas750 said:
What an absolute beauty! :thumbs: I think Boxsters look fantastic in black. :worship:

Thanks. I agree it looks great especially with the yellow callipers. Excited to collect it next week.

Okay, I give up. What are PCCb's?

Great choice!
:thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back