Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another reason to switch off F1

Not watched a whole F1 race since they stopped the V10s. Current crop of F1 drivers seem to take nobbishness to an art form.

I dont watch it anymore

simply due to the fact its not very good these days...... :dont know:

F1 has become totally irrelevant - I thought Lewis Hamilton was a Scottish football team :dont know:

F1 is in need of a massive revolution, with Ecclestone being the 1st to go. The technical regs need tearing up as they are so ferked up at the moment. I record it and watch it mainly on fast forward, so I can miss out the boring bits (which is most of it).
I went to Silverstone this year, the 1st time since 1987, to watch the GP, and was wholly disappointed with the whole show. The F1 cars sounded rubbish, didn't seem that fast, there was little racing ,and the final irritant was that the F1 race was the last on the programme. So by 3.30pm it was all over. Total waste of the ticket price. Shan't go ever again.
F1 knows it's in big trouble, bit no one seems to want to hold their hand up and make changes. If Red Bull and Toro Rosso pull out, and there are less than 20 on the grid next year, that'll be the final nail.
:bye:

chimp911 said:
F1 has become totally irrelevant - I thought Lewis Hamilton was a Scottish football team :dont know:
:floor: It's a cracker Steve so it is :grin:

Stick the lot of them in GP2 cars, problem solved.

The last two seasons have been fantastic. The noise is crap but apart from that it's been more exciting that recent years.

isysman said:
The last two seasons have been fantastic. The noise is crap but apart from that it's been more exciting that recent years.

Only if you've been driving a Mercedes and are a Hamilton fanboy. Last year Rosberg was given the team bollocking, so now he's scared to take it to Hammy. Just look at how he capitulated at Suzuka. Vettel would have kept his line and Hammy would've either hit him or spun off trying to avoid a collision. This year is as boring as hell (again).

I haven't watched a whole race either. In fact to call it a race is a farcical with the current rules.

However, I did watch Moto GP from Phillip Island :eek: 52 passes in one race :worship: . Absolutely mega.

Formula Gone really do need to shake things up and quickly. The sound the things make just remind me of a field full of cows mooing. LMP racing on the other hand.... brilliant! A huge diversity of engines/power units/sounds, yet the parity is fabulous. Hats off to the rule makers for coming up with equivalency formulae that promote technical diversity and close racing.

Shurv said:
isysman said:

Only if you've been driving a Mercedes and are a Hamilton fanboy. Last year Rosberg was given the team bollocking, so now he's scared to take it to Hammy. Just look at how he capitulated at Suzuka. Vettel would have kept his line and Hammy would've either hit him or spun off trying to avoid a collision. This year is as boring as hell (again).

That's just your opinion.

I love the sport and I'm actually a Button fan but it's still been a great season. And it is good to see a Brit at the front, yeah but there's much more going on in the rest of the race.

What gets me is the drivers coming into the sport with famous fathers as if they all have some DNA passed down/injected into them.........ballcocks

Only Button and Massa provide any entertainment the others are like robots and scared to speak their minds

As for the cars...well they are about 2 secs slower than they were 10 years ago and I giggle when I see the dates for the circuit lap records being shown on TV

re

Lap record(Suzuka)
1:31.540 (Finland Kimi Rà¤ikkà¶nen, McLaren MP4-20, 2005)

or
Silverstone Lap Record
11 July 2010
F1 Driver: Fernando Alonso
F1 Car: Ferrari F10
Speed: 233,374 km/h

or

Monza Lap record
1:21.046 (Brazil Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari, 2004)

chimp911 said:
I thought Lewis Hamilton was a Scottish football team :dont know:

:floor:

Class!

wizard993 said:
What gets me is the drivers coming into the sport with famous fathers as if they all have some DNA passed down/injected into them.........ballcocks

's funny EVERYONE else seems to be seriously impressed by Max Verstappen. :?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back