Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ALA Tyre Insurance - very pleased with them

&roid

Just a quick post about my recent experience with ALA tyre Insurance.

I'd never had tyre Insurance before but a few years ago I had a 997 and got a puncture within two weeks of owning it. Over the following two years I had another three tyres get nails in them so the porsche Insurance I took out after the first one paid for itself.

After the 997 I went into a sensible 3 series BMW for a bit and didn't bother getting cover, managed to get away with it and did three and a half years with no issues.

August this year I got back into a porsche, this time a 981 cayman, OPC quoted me £600 for tyre Insurance so I decided to shop around a bit. In the end I went with ALA who covered my 20" tyres up to the value of £300 each for 2 years/5 tyres. They do this at a sniff over £200 so I was pretty pleased with the saving over Porsche.

My one concern was how easy it would be if I ever needed to claim and would they kick up a fuss over replacing tyres rather than repairing them. Thankfully, I had nothing to worry about: Last week - after owning the cayman for less than six weeks! - I found a big nail stuck right in the centre of my near side front tyre :evil: ALA were closed so I just popped to my local OPC who were as helpful as ever, getting me sorted with a brand-new tyre and on the road again in under an hour. A quick phonecall to ALA when they opened and all I had to do was send the invoice to them, did this a few days ago and got an email straight back saying the cheque would be with me in 5-7 days. Very happy with the service and would definitely recommend them, a front tyre at OPC costs £223 so the policy has already paid for itself.

No association with them, just wanted to post a good experience in case anyone is looking at using them.

Sounds good- Just had a look- strangely they only cover cars sub 7 yrs old, sub 70k miles and bought from an authorised dealer at the point of policy inception. Not sure what that has to do with the likelihood of tyre failure.

Robertb said:
Sounds good- Just had a look- strangely they only cover cars sub 7 yrs old, sub 70k miles and bought from an authorised dealer at the point of policy inception. Not sure what that has to do with the likelihood of tyre failure.

Maybe its something to do with the demographic of the owner.

Less likely to make fraudulent claims?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back