Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Bluetooth/FM Connectivity

nicholas lawrence

As you are all aware, the old Porsche's haven't got a proper way to connect our phones - using Call Divert is costing me 35p a minute, plus I keep forgetting to cancel 'Divert' when I get out of the car.

So... I found this device for £70 that connects via Bluetooth, plugs into the 12v Socket and transmits over FM Radio with name in RDS.

I read a few reviews, popped into Halfords, was told by the lad that its CRAP and I'll hate it, but have also been told the new FM transmitters are a lot better now. Had it connected in a couple of minutes, heard a bit of fuzz but it disappeared when I started YouTube.

You can accept/reject calls. You can play music from your phone to it (and pause/skip tracks) - it will pause/play on YouTube (tested). It works!

There is also a 2.1A high output to charge your phone from USB so its a goodun. I'll connect it to my ignition barrel so all the wires are tucked away.

Link to Belkin Product with feature list -> http://www.belkin.com/uk/p/P-F8M117/

Attachments

• belkin_fm_bluetooth_ting_106.png
    belkin_fm_bluetooth_ting_106.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 7,658
Have you purchased one of these ?
Iam interested in ones of these for a 996 if its any good

I've tried one - sound quality was horrendous. Bought on Saturday, returned on Monday.

There was another thread about this device a few weeks ago.

They are available on Amazon for sub £50 and do a decent job for that price. I have one and found that re-tuning a couple of times improved the sound quality. Not as good as proper Bluetooth connectivity but it isn't going to be.

I bought one mainly for the telephone function which works perfectly adequately.

Is there another option to add iPod to a 996. Can you connect the device via usb?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back