Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 ABS Harness Help?

Astill

Hi All, I have a 964 ABS harness that has a cable snapped but also the contact from the plug to the cable has a fault so couldn't piece one together. Just wondered if anyone might have one to sell or knew of any ingenious tricks for opening the plugs and fixing them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• img_6127_850.jpg
    img_6127_850.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 3,621
  • img_6126_109.jpg
    img_6126_109.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3,621
Hi. I had the exact same issue. An electrical engineer friend of mine fixed this for me. He had to crack the connectors open (you can see the seem) and replaced the cable. I don't think it was that easy. Pretty sure he used some sort of cat5 cable and doubled up the smaller wires as you need 5. He then used heavy duty heat shrink to waterproof it. I glued the connectors back together and managed to get one layer of self amalgam tape around the to ensure they were watertight.

I'd give one of the breakers a call and get a replacement part, they can't charge much. BTW I couldn't find this part on any PET or parts diagram and it bears no part number from memory.

photo.JPG

20141002_085534.jpg
[/img]

Thanks NateSaJack,

Thats really helpful, I'm trying the breakers but have a feeling I might have to attempt a fix.

cheers

Paul

Astill said:
Hi All, I have a 964 ABS harness that has a cable snapped but also the contact from the plug to the cable has a fault so couldn't piece one together. Just wondered if anyone might have one to sell or knew of any ingenious tricks for opening the plugs and fixing them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

I have a rear harness that was damaged and repaired (by me). Part number 964 612 185 00.

I believe it does work fine but I replaced it with new as I had to take it out of a troubleshooting equation.

Do you need front or rear, I can't quite tell from your photo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back