Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Came back to a flat battery today

maily

Trainee
Hey Guys,

I hope you are well,

I left the car parked at the train station this morning around 7AM and came back to it at 7PM in the evening. It was dark when i left the house so i had my lights on and im used to cars with auto on/off headlights so never usually have to bother turning them on/off manually.

Today i forgot to turn the lights of on my 911 and came back to a flat battery. RAC had to come out and jump start me and got me back on the road. Luckily managed to get the door and frunk open. The car was displaying all sorts of weird errors but all got cleared away upon car being started again.

Just wondering what you guys do to avoid this sort of thing im very forgetful with the light switch. Is there a way to retrofit automatic headlights??

Does this never happen to you guys? :) :) :D :D :D

Surely it should chime/beep..??

If you leave your lights on, you should get a chime/beeping noise to alert you when you open your door, do you not have this... :?:

I have configured my main lights via the PCM to stay on all of the time (even when the light switch is in the off or home position), the feature is called daytime running lights. This means I do not have to remember to switch them on or off and in my case it is switching them on that I struggle with as my current and previous cars have had auto lights. The downside to this approach is that I may wear out my lights quicker (due to extra usage) although I think allowing people to see me in poor light conditions and never forgetting to switch them on outweighs this for me.

Not all cars have this option and I believe you need sports chrono plus to enable the configurable option via the PCM.

Marc

Thanks for the responses. I'll look into the daytime runing lights that would be cool. I don't have the sports chrono.

I also don't get any chime or beep which would be very helpful at reminding me.

I am pretty sure you will not be able to configure the lights without SC+. I have just been and checked mine and when I take the key out with the lights in the on position I get a constant chime and the main console says that the lights are on.

Even my ancient 'boggo' 996 has a chime when you open the door with the lights on... Can't imagine a 997, or any other car not having one.

Maybe yours is broken? Could it be a blown fuse somewhere?

Nope no bong at all otherwise I'd remember does anybody know which fuse to Check or anythjng else i can do is the bong an option i can tweak i wonder next time it's in for a service.

maily said:
Nope no bong at all otherwise I'd remember does anybody know which fuse to Check or anythjng else i can do is the bong an option i can tweak i wonder next time it's in for a service.

Pretty sure mine reminds me to take the key out once I stop and then open the door before taking the key out. I would test it out for you but it is raining outside and the car is in the garage :angel:

I noticed from another forum that audible alerts are a configurable option via Durametric or the dealership (see attached):

Acoustic Belt Warning
Acoustic Key Warning
Acoustic Light Warning
Acoustic Speed Warning

Marc

Attachments

• screen_shot_2015_09_16_at_33854_pm_128.png
    screen_shot_2015_09_16_at_33854_pm_128.png
    488.4 KB · Views: 7,627
cheers for that looks like i might need to get mine enabled maybe someone found it annoying in the past lol ;-)

Yeah you can activate the light 'chime' with Porsche Durametric.

I'm passing Midlands next week - if not take it to Richard at RSR in Bromsgrove he's got Durametric and full PIWIS for all that stuff!

Met up with Nicholas on Saturday was very nice to meet up with someone from the Forum and got to see his lovely 911 997 too.

Had my car checked over with his durametric and the light buzzer is enabled but for some reason doesn't make any noise when you open the door with the lights on :(

Was lovely meeting you and thank you for checking my car over for me a few pics attached :) i didn't think to take any from the front DOH!!

Also my car was a bit dirty!!

Porsche_997_1.jpg

IMG_9962.jpg

IMG_9963.jpg
[/img]

No worries. Your car drives really well!

Get it booked into RSR when you can, other than general servicing you should be fine. :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back