Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Temperature climbing - why?

jlee

Monza
Folks,

Noticed my temp is now going above halfway mark (never does this before) and is definitely heating up in traffic.

What do I need to check for. Relays fans etc

Advice appreciated

There is an electric fan in the front bumper (not sure if they are both ac or oil cooler fans) anywhere else I need to check for operational fans or other things to check

FOS wing houses the oil radiator and two speed fan. If your low speed ballast resistos is shot then when the oil gets up the a certain temperature it should default to high speed as a fail safe. You need to test whether the fan is working by shorting to connectors when you pull the relay. I think you can also test low speed and if this doesnt work you need a new ceramic ballast.

After this you then go deeper to check your thermostat is working and oil is recahing the cooler etc.

Try this first though http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=95573&highlight=thermostat

Thanks Zingari.

Thankfully it was a "cheap" fix and turned out to be a fuse inthe fusebox. Not even the relay, the cheapy plastic fuse. You can imagine my delight at discovering this quick and cheap fix !! not often that happens. Happy chappy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back