Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats This Wire ?

Oilline

Found this wire under the hood, just dangling near the offside headlamp retaining lever. Originates out of the loom on the opposite side. Looks like some kind of sensor ??
IMG_3193.jpg
[/URL][/img]
IMG_3194.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Also what the electrical box that was hot glued to the front bulkhead but has come adrift?

That good sir is a tracking device for Insurance purposes ! And the wire is the antenna for it I believe, should be two more wires and a battery in a box next to , stuck to it or in the vicinity!
Throw the old junk away. Obvious giveaway in your pic -- the word Motorola on the sticker.
Christian

:yeah:

It`s the Gubbinment tracking your every journey :hand:

Rip it out, less weight, more :driving:

yep, Tracker junk, gawd bless the 90's ehh.

If my car ever gets nicked I dont want it 'retrieved' thanks very much!

dapper said:
yep, Tracker junk, gawd bless the 90's ehh.

If my car ever gets nicked I dont want it 'retrieved' thanks very much!

I've always thought the same way! They only work in the Insurance companies interest. As an owner if stolen you surely want it gone. Unless it's something very unique perhaps.

colt said:
That good sir is a tracking device for Insurance purposes ! And the wire is the antenna for it I believe, should be two more wires and a battery in a box next to , stuck to it or in the vicinity!
Throw the old junk away. Obvious giveaway in your pic -- the word Motorola on the sticker.
Christian

As Christian rightly said, it's an old tracker.
If you are not paying the monthly rental on it you may as well get rid. Especially as it is also draining your car battery keeping itself charged.
I had two on mine flattening the battery.

Thread resurrection I know, but anything to be wary of when removing?

Assume there's no link to immobiliser or anything?

Unlikely but you'll soon find out. One of the first things I removed from my car swiflty followed by the HP alarm/immobiliser. It was too easy to find and remove making it a complete waste of battery drain. It has an alarm an immobilser but that's a secret.

All gone, no problems.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back