Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any thoughts on this one or the dealer?

Very pretty car, lovely colour too.

I've spoken to Ciaran Woods before, and he seems like a genuine chap. He always keeps a stock of very nicely sorted 911s, mostly 3.2s and SCs, and is usually honest about any failings or flaws. If you search for his cars there are plenty of examples of his efforts on Youtube. His wide body orange SC was nothing short of a sensation, now sold to someone over at Impact Bumpers (am I allowed to mention the "opposition" here?!).

Not sure whether a supercharged 964 is a good or bad thing, there are more knowledgeable sorts who will surely let you know one way or another. I did drive a standard C2 in Dublin earlier this year and it didn't want for power or grip. The seller (ex touring car racer) took it on a private track and we went up the hill sideways, literally. Probably the scariest moment I've had in a car with the engine in the back. The interior on this one might need a refresh, it looks a little shiny and always better in the pics than in the flesh, especially linen. Worth spending a few quid to do this as it will be money well spent.

964s are truly fabulous cars. The shape of the wings with the upright lights and the wonderful sound are second to none. Add in an extra hundred and odd HP and you have one monster of a car. On today's ridiculous prices, this looks about right to me if the work has been done well, which knowing Woods, most likely it will have been.

What's not to like Ed, supercharged and silver :cloud9:

It's been through various dealers in its time that dont accept or sell crap so that's a good thing as is the engine rebuild.

There is a chap in, I think Holland, who turned up at Spa a few times and is well known by the 964 crew. His car is supercharged and what a car :eek: with no issues. You could give Colin a bell at 9m to ask if he recalls the work - they've done quite a few though.

Big reds and suspension upgrade are a plus. Great colour as well

Personally I think the car needs a little amount of tlc. Firstly they need to sort the front PU valance where it has been kerbed. Its an easy fix by bending back the panel where the PU attaches to the body and will correct the 'smile'. Secondly the leather needs addressing on the seats. I suspect they will have age cracks and dirt in them where they are shiney. That's a c£300 job. It also looks like it might need new rubbers/clips on the side sills.

What's interesting is Tom's rubystone car hasn't sold and its now @£35k

I've looked at both this car and Tom's rubystone one on PH as I'm thinking of selling my 993 2s. I've just bought a low mileage 993 4s that hopefully is a keeper.

I don't think the 2s would be suitable to use as a daily and leave out in the elements and I really fancy trying an air cooled all year round hence thinking of a c4.

I agree super charged one looks fantastic other than the interior but I was more worried about the affect of the supercharger on reliability .

I really like Tom's car other than the colour ! Probably heresy to say here sorry. I had given a thought to the cost of re spraying it again as I assume if it was a bare metal job the body should be in otherwise good condition. But on piston heads it's still showing as £42K and I had a seen a post on her querying the cars history ? Where had you seen it advertised at £35K Zingari ?

Gents, thank you.

Rubystone too bright for me!

Trying to find out about supercharger reliability, will phone Ninemeister tomorrow then Ciaran.

Priced about right from a dealer I think?

Cheers

Ed

One of the moderators over at Impact Bumpers - Von Twinzig - had a retro-fit supercharged (or might be turbocharged) 3.2, known famously over there as the "boostmobile". He's a very friendly and knowledgeable fellow who now has a mint 964, and has done loads of work on it. He should be able to give you the low-down on whether or not supercharging is a good thing on a '64.

Here's a couple pics of the car:

1cf7295e-bab9-4dc3-9eae-b482b6fbe444_zps9033c743.jpg

8b479ca9-9ee9-4c02-987d-5d7f53a8fe3c_zpsa3245ace.jpg

^ I like that a lot :worship:

Ian

Yip it was a cracker, unfortunately came to a sad end with a bit of a prang and I think VT has just sold his 964

Nimrod said:
I really like Tom's car other than the colour ! Probably heresy to say here sorry. I had given a thought to the cost of re spraying it again as I assume if it was a bare metal job the body should be in otherwise good condition. But on piston heads it's still showing as £42K and I had a seen a post on her querying the cars history ? Where had you seen it advertised at £35K Zingari ?

You're correct it is up @£42k. I am sure I saw the price at the weekend of £35k either on PH or ebay :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back