Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

new 991 turbo s whistiling noise 2-3k RPM

felixfandorin

Hi guys,

Week ago I have collected my new 991 Turbo S(what a day). This is my second 991 after Carrera S. When I've been collecting the car from dealer ship they advised on gentle drive for the first 150-200 miles under 4000 rpm, and than off you go(this car is build to drive like proper sport car only
gt3 require longer break in period). I did as advised, after 200 miles I've started to rev RPM to 5-6k, no long flat out or so. Suddenly , I've started to notice sss sound along whistiling noise over 2-3k RPM when accelerating not on stand still reving , oil temperature gauge was at 90, so engine the same. Only oil preasure gauge was going a bit odd and when accelerated I felt that the power has gone for at list 30%. I have contacted Porsche and engenier will be investigating though, I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Regards
Felix

Sounds like a boost leak/popped hose. This would explain loss of power and hissing noise. Either that or the car automatically went into limp mode.

shantybeater said:
Sounds like a boost leak/popped hose. This would explain loss of power and hissing noise. Either that or the car automatically went into limp mode.

thanks for reply, did you ment limp mode after popped hose? there was no messages on the dash or so, just that sound. Limp mode should be indicated I believe.

Good point, you probably would see some warning lights abs/airbag etc...

I still think it points to a boost leak. If its a brand new car surely you hand it back to Porsche and let them deal with it?

Just left the car with the Porsche, they suggestit is a boost leak, hose wasn't attached properly. will know more tomorrow.

Good stuff, easy fix then :) P.S Can we have a photo of this beast? 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back